News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Empty Topic Problem

Started by NeoXII, July 09, 2012, 07:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoXII

Hi  Simple Machine Forum,
I have strange problem in a specific board, there are empty topic.
They have no topic ID, no content, nothing and I have tried to  repair any errors in the database and with repair tool but came out with no errors.

Thank you very much

kat

The graphics are all missing, too.

If everything looks right, if you use the SMF default theme, try looking at the theme's settings and make sure the paths are correct.

NeoXII

Hi K@,
yes paths are incorrect only in this empty topic.
Url's path are strange, for example this correct path "images/topic/my.gif" in empty topic became "images/topic/my_.gif"

With default theme I have same problem...  :(

kat

Shambles

Another question. Have you set a specific theme (or theme variant) just for that one board ?

NeoXII

Here you can see mod list... this problem is the only one in my forum, all mods work perfectly.

@ Shambles:
I don't use specific theme for this board....

Thank you  :)

kat

None of those mods leap-out at me.

Tell me, if you quote the posts, is there any text there, at all?

NeoXII

I can't enter in this ghost topic and I can't delete, move etc I can't do anything....  :(

kat

A hunch, this...

Try going to Admin>Forum maintenance and checking/repairing errors.

NeoXII

I try checking/repairing errors and no errors inside my forum...

kat

Gonna be tricky tracking this one down, then.

Can you remember changing anything, just before this thing appeared?

If you right-click on the broken images and select "copy image address", what address does that give you?

NeoXII

I haven't change anything....  :(
with right-click correct path is "images/topic/my.gif" in empty topic became "images/topic/my_.gif"  :o

I think that could be an error in the database....

kat

Now THAT is weird...

I don't suppose you remember doing anything, just before this started showing-up, do you?

Like installing a mod, editing something, that kinda stuff?

Shambles

If it were my forum and my problem, I'd be taking a hammer to it right now.

When I say hammer, I mean I'd go to a topic in a board that did show up correctly and right-click -> view source to ge a feel for the path contents etc. Then I'd go to your crazy drunken topic and do the same. With a bit of patience comparing the two source listings, something might just jump out at you.

kat

From the screenshot, it looks like that's one board, with just a few posts...

If that's correct, it might be easier to just delete that board and recreate it.

NeoXII

There are 200 Topic in this board and only in some page, in the bottom, there are this ghost topic.
I try to move only good topic in a new board but ghost topic are transported even if not selected.....

This is incredible.... :-X

Night09

Have you ever disabled polls ? Ive just been reading over some old topics and this one stuck out as a reason for this issue possibly.

Advertisement: