Advertisement:

Author Topic: SMF forum url/registration mail link  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Dr. Bunsen

• Semi-Newbie
Re: SMF forum url/registration mail link
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 03:53:04 AM »
So the settings file is right, as per the screenshot. And it's not in any part of smf_settings or smf_themes? How EXACTLY are you checking that?

I just do: "SELECT * FROM [table_name]" and scroll through it

edit: just got this:

but the registration is still:

edit: oops that wasnt supposed to be a quote

Offline Dr. Bunsen

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 04:09:40 AM »
O I think I just solved it, the forum takes the url from ur browser, since I tried it with a proxy, and look at my nice email:

so not from the files, since other people started receiving normal emails too, but when I do it locally, it still gives 192.168.1.20

but is there a way to force it to use evolutionofcraft.tk?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:47:20 AM by Dr. Bunsen »

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 07:59:53 AM »
I'm still wondering what you've broken in the code because the core remainder code calls the main email template handler, which always substitutes $scripturl in, but $scripturl is based on $boardurl which is set in the Settings.php file.

If you're using the email template editor mod, or pretty URLs, now would be the time to mention this - because I can't reproduce this even using a proxy on any site I operate.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

No good deed goes unpunished / No act of charity goes unresented.

Offline Dr. Bunsen

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
I'm still wondering what you've broken in the code because the core remainder code calls the main email template handler, which always substitutes $scripturl in, but $scripturl is based on $boardurl which is set in the Settings.php file.

If you're using the email template editor mod, or pretty URLs, now would be the time to mention this - because I can't reproduce this even using a proxy on any site I operate.

I tolf you before, the only mod I use is bad behaviour, and I didnt edit anything, its just a fresh smf 2.0.2 install.
But it just grabs the url from the browser...

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
And as I'm telling you, there is nowhere in the core SMF where it does that.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

Offline Dr. Bunsen

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
And as I'm telling you, there is nowhere in the core SMF where it does that.

And I am telling you, I see it happening right here. I tested it, it really does.

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »
And yet I cannot reproduce it on any of the forums I run - even with proxies and all kinds of URL spoofing.

If it used the supplied URL that would actually be a very nasty form of vulnerability - and since it's all done in the same place in the same exact code (loadEmailTemplate() in Subs-Post.php), every single email should be broken and yet it's not.

Offline Dr. Bunsen

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 11:07:45 AM »
And yet I cannot reproduce it on any of the forums I run - even with proxies and all kinds of URL spoofing.

If it used the supplied URL that would actually be a very nasty form of vulnerability - and since it's all done in the same place in the same exact code (loadEmailTemplate() in Subs-Post.php), every single email should be broken and yet it's not.

well, I didnt adjust a thing, it's just a fresh install, but I just use a proxy when I send an email with an url, since else, there is 192.168.1.20 in it, cuz I cant connect to my own ip(stupid isp).
I find it very strange too, but it just does this....

Offline Dr. Bunsen

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »

sorry for the gravedig

well, when I was making my navbar links dynamic, I found that $scripturl is actually domain atm local ip(so 192.168.1.x) or my ip + /action=?
and then I can use the navbar from inside my network(it shows when hovering 192.168.1.x/action=?) and outside(domain/ip.action=?). The example /action=? is not the exact code, but its highly dynamic........
So i just showed proof the forum actually works that way: