News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Categories moved

Started by Butter1484, August 24, 2013, 10:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butter1484

The order of my categories have suddenly changed, although they are still the same in the settings, and I can't get them to go back to the order I would like them to be in.

kat

To try and narrow-down what this problem could be, is everything as it ought to be, if you use the SMF default theme?

Illori

did you or your host recently do any changes your database?

emanuele

* emanuele seems to remember that change the position of one of them in the admin area (even if they are correct) and then put it back should fix the issue.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

that is as long as the database table is not innoDB if it is that will do nothing.

emanuele

I thought the problem with innodb was limited to boards. ???

I have to find the code again, I don't remember it any more.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

i am not 100% sure but i believe that if the boards are not in order it can effect the categories as well.

but maybe the op is talking about boards and not categories... without the op giving more information it is hard to tell either way.

Arantor

^^ This.

It's almost certainly in an InnoDB table now which means either a code change or a schema change.

Arantor

This is a known issue that we have tracked on Github as must-fix for 2.1 and we'll need to find a suitable fix on a more permanent basis for 2.0 - https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/887

Since it's tracked I'm going to close this topic.

Advertisement: