News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post and Change as Alternate User by BurkeKnight Enterprises

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, December 18, 2008, 12:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garou

Note that was working on an RC5 site so it should work on 2.0 Gold

Biology Forums

Excellent Mod, BK Modding Team, just wish rather than adding the #1, we could add the actual name.

floydpink

A couple of enhancements if anyone's interested:
SMF 1.1.16

Add one to alternate member's poster count
sources/subs-post.php
Find
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($request))
{
db_query("
UPDATE {$db_prefix}messages
SET ID_MEMBER = ".$changeposteridno.", posterName = '".$row['memberName']."', posterEmail = '".$row['emailAddress']."', posterIP = '".$row['memberIP']."'
WHERE ID_MSG = $msgOptions[id]
LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);
}
mysql_free_result($request);

Add after

// Floydpink INSERT - Add one to poster's post count
updateMemberData($changeposteridno, array('posts' => '+'));

Don't update ip address of modified post to that admin's IP
sources/subs-post.php
Find
{
db_query("
SET ID_MEMBER = ".$changeposteridno.", posterName = '".$row['memberName']."', posterEmail = '".$row['emailAddress']."', posterIP = '".$row['memberIP']."'
}
mysql_free_result($request);

Replace with
{
db_query("
SET ID_MEMBER = ".$changeposteridno.", posterName = '".$row['memberName']."', posterEmail = '".$row['emailAddress']."'
}

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: floydpink on July 11, 2012, 08:38:14 AM
A couple of enhancements if anyone's interested:
SMF 1.1.16

Looks great! I may add it when we get working on the updates.

Kimmie

Mod page shows this was updated July 11, 2012 but it is still only showing as compatible with version 1.1.7 and it will not parse past that version. When will it be fully upgraded to support 2.0?

Burke ♞ Knight

We are still researching the 2.x line. Most of the BK Modding Team has been away for a few years. I for one had been completely offline for that time. So far, we managed to get the 1.x version mods updated, now we need to get used to the changes in the 2.x SMF system before we can get to updating. Hopefully, that will be soon.
HTMLstig and I are also very busy off-line, so things may be a little slower than before. We apologize for any inconvenience. Any coder that would like to help out and maybe join the BK Modding team, can PM me here and we'll talk.

Kimmie

No problem, just wanted to get clarification on it. :). Thanks for continuing to work on them.

Ron Austin

I could really use this mod for 2.02.  I have been searching and see that several people have worked on it and then stopped.  What's the status?  Can I get this mod for 2.02?

Burke ♞ Knight

If anyone has updated this for their own use to SMF 2.0 line, please PM me, so we can discus posting it and giving credit. Otherwise, it may take a while to get this mod updated, due to the changes involved between 1.x and 2.x lines.

If need support for this mod, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting this mod here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

Advertisement: