News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Dream Portal

Started by Dream Portal Team, October 03, 2012, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAC9ja

https://jac9ja.ng Everything SEO >> Tech >> Crypto

TheListener

Quote from: JeffProxy on April 06, 2013, 09:42:03 PM
its cool

Why respond to theis topic when you don't use the mod?

GZ06

what will be happen if I will install DP over the working smf2.0.4 9 (included many mods inside) forum? will be lost content?
Georgia and Ukraine -FOREVER!

Kendrall

Solo!!!

HUGE apologies for not getting back to you sooner; it's been rather hectic as I've been pulled into one project after the next, be it OfficeSpace-related or otherwise.  But suffice it to say that DP merged with the Nova theme has been nothing but smooth for one forum that I was asked to help redesign (Lost Worlds)...

...it's working so far with the other forum that I'm helping out with, but now I've ran into an (unrelated) issue - trying to find a theme that will look good with the content!  :D

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: GZ06 on April 09, 2013, 02:21:17 AM
what will be happen if I will install DP over the working smf2.0.4 9 (included many mods inside) forum? will be lost content?

Dream Portal will not make you lose content.  Many people have Dream Portal installed just fine.  The only people that are currently having problems with DP are those with PHP versions below 5 and those with Server-Related problems.  I would recommend that you have PHP 5+ installed to be sure that DP will work fine.

Quote from: Kendrall on April 10, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
...it's working so far with the other forum that I'm helping out with, but now I've ran into an (unrelated) issue - trying to find a theme that will look good with the content!  :D

All DzinerStudio themes that I have tested look great with Dream Portal, such as Gearbox, Citiez, laGusta, Outline, Scratch, Inferno, and Joli.

The following themes also look good with DP installed on them:

Alot of Crip's Themes, if not all of them, look good with DP installed.  And I'm sure there are many more themes that look good with Dream Portal installed on them.

Dream Portal Team

Dream Portal 1.1 - Update Package #6 is available for download located here => http://dream-portal.net/index.php?topic=1467.0  Dream Portal 1.1 has been re-uploaded on the SMF Modification site, to included these fixes already.  So, if you download and install Dream Portal 1.1 after this post's creation, than you do not need this update package.

This update pack fixes 2 bugs found:

1. open_basedir restriction in effect (undefined error in SMF Error Log) when viewing the Module Templates Admin Page.  This bug is due to this page attempting to open up a directory structure based on the default.php template (which won't exist, because it's not a part of the template structure, since this is a standard uninstallable Module Template that comes with DP 1.1).

2. Login issue when Allow Guest Access to forum was disabled and the shoutbox was being shown on a page where you login (any page that had a login box attached to it, homepage, forum, etc.).  This is a critical fix, IMO, as it's not really related to just the shoutbox, but all dream actions.

IMPORTANTDO NOT DELETE THIS PACKAGE ONCE INSTALLED!  If you wish to uninstall Dream Portal 1.1 completely, you should uninstall this package first, and than uninstall the Dream Portal 1.1 Package after that!

Thank You for choosing Dream Portal!
- Dream Portal Team
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

babyxdeja

When trying to access admin on my board it goes to a blank page with Hacking attempt...

This happened after installing this mod, it says it was successful http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2763

I went to manually install it, and none of the changes were made before, so when uploading the Mod it didn't actually install succesfully.
After making all the changes manually, I'm still getting the Hacking attempt...

SoLoGHoST

If you are getting a Hacking Attempt, than it seems that the require_once($sourcedir . '/DreamPortal.php'); edit has not been successful in the ./index.php file.

Please be sure that this edit exists!

You should open up your ./index.php file, and check for the following line:

require_once($sourcedir . '/DreamPortal.php');

after this line:

require_once($sourcedir . '/Security.php');

If it does not exist, than add it and also check to be sure that the file exists:  ./Sources/DreamPortal.php

babyxdeja

The below was already in index.php

There is also a file at Sources/DreamPortal.php

// And important includes.
require_once($sourcedir . '/QueryString.php');
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs.php');
require_once($sourcedir . '/Errors.php');
require_once($sourcedir . '/Load.php');
require_once($sourcedir . '/DreamPortal.php');
require_once($sourcedir . '/Security.php');

SoLoGHoST

Also, be sure that ./dp_license.txt exists.  It should be within the Root of where you installed your SMF Forum at.  Where SSI.php lives.

Next, double check your manual installation of DP 1.1, cause the require_once($sourcedir . '/DreamPortal.php'); line should be AFTER ./Sources/Security.php gets required.  I believe you did the manual installation wrong!

The operations in modifications.xml, when it says:  <search position="before">, this does not mean that you add in the <add> CDATA code before that search, quite frankly, it means the OPPOSITE... you add it in AFTER!

So, when you see <search position="before">, than it means that whatever CDATA is in between the <add> and </add> tags, you add it AFTER, NOT BEFORE!  And when you see <search position="after">, you need to add whatever CDATA is in the <add></add> tags BEFORE!  If you do not know how to install something manually, than you should not install anything manually!

You should recheck all of your manual edits to all of the files to be sure you follow proper manual installation instructions as I indicated above.

Here's a link to how to install Dream Portal 1.1 manually:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?topic=1342.0

babyxdeja

The ./dp_license.txt file was missing. I downloaded that file and now it's working!

Thank You!!!

Diego Andrés

Take a look of DP installed at my forum.
http://smfhispano.net

Hope you like it as much as I like

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

SoLoGHoST

Looks great in wide screens.  Is that the Blog Module?  ("Nuevos Themes")?  Almost didn't recognize it, looks like you did a bit of modifying to it, but looks great the way you have it displaying!

Diego Andrés

Yes, I was thinking in use the fade option, but I think that is not bad by this way.
Did you already think on making a custom code module? Like adding custom PHP/HTML on the content of the block.

Thanks for the opinion, DP works great!

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2013, 01:18:10 AM
Did you already think on making a custom code module? Like adding custom PHP/HTML on the content of the block.

You mean within the Blog Module itself?  If so, have thought about this already, but there are only 2 spots where HTML/PHP/BBC Content can live, above and/or below the content, but in that case, than you can just create a clone of the Custom Module and use that to cleverly, placing it above and/or below the blog module in that layout.  If you use the Transparent Template with the header disabled, than it could seem like part of the blog module.  I suppose it's not the same though.

But I somehow feel like it is going to be cluttered with these 2 parameters in the settings of the module, if I add them for adding in HTML, BBC, and/or PHP above and below the posts content.

What are your thoughts?

Diego Andrés

I was thinking in an individual module, but your idea is not bad at some point, users would use that to add a comment maybe? And if they only want to show the custom PHP/BBC, they can clone the blog module and "disable" de recent topics/posts?

Or what other kind of functions could be added?

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2013, 12:13:25 PM
I was thinking in an individual module...

Ok, so you are like the 10th person to ask for a module that supports PHP/BBC/HTML, and it's funny that people ask for this module, because this module is already installed when you install Dream Portal.  So, I have to ask, is it not obvious?  That the "Dream Portal Installed" title on the Custom Module is the PHP/BBC/HTML module (AKA "Custom Module")??

Perhaps it should say:  "PHP/HTML/BBC" for the title instead of "Dream Portal Installed"??

Diego Andrés

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on June 19, 2013, 08:51:50 PM
Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2013, 12:13:25 PM
I was thinking in an individual module...

Ok, you are like the 10th person to ask for a module that supports PHP/BBC/HTML, and it's funny that people ask for this module, because this module is already installed when you install Dream Portal.  So, I have to ask, is it not obvious?  That the "Dream Portal Installed" title on the Custom Module is the PHP/BBC/HTML module (AKA "Custom Module")??

Perhaps it should say:  "PHP/HTML/BBC" for the title instead of "Dream Portal Installed"??

Sorry I lost it from my sight, also I never edited the block, so I didn't see that  while I was looking to use the blog module  ;D

There's some topic to know what does a module needs to be compressed?

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2013, 09:14:07 PM

You mean like creating a module?  Like what files are needed for it?  There's tons of documentation in the Documentation Board, here's a link to get you started:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?topic=970.0

Diego Andrés

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on June 19, 2013, 10:29:04 PM
Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2013, 09:14:07 PM

You mean like creating a module?  Like what files are needed for it?  There's tons of documentation in the Documentation Board, here's a link to get you started:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?topic=970.0

Thanks, that was very useful.

Advertisement: