Test Failed message upgrading to 1.1.13

Started by endif, November 12, 2012, 12:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

endif

I know this is an old version, and I'm trying to get caught up. My host has an old version which is installed from a control panel, and there is no way to start with a new version. That being said, I get the following when I try the upgrade path:

Installations actions for "SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed

I have not changed this file. I don't understand what to do next based on the forum instructions. When I click to install anyway, the message implies the upgrade will certainly fail, so I stopped. What now?

thanks,
Stephanie

kat

Can you not update from the admin panel?

You usually get a notification, right under the "Administration Center" text, just above the "Support Information" stuff.

Before you do any of this, read my sig, woncha?

mashby

Hmm. Not sure why it's failing, but the edits to Sources/Subs.php are rather minimal.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_1.0.21_1.1.13.tar.gz;smf_version=1.1.12p
QuoteOperation #1
Find:

* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.11                                          *

Replace With:

* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.13                                          *

Operation #2
Find:

// Save whether $start was less than 0 or not.
   $start_invalid = $start < 0;

Replace With:

// Save whether $start was less than 0 or not.
   $start = (int) $start;
   $start_invalid = $start < 0;

Also...backup as K@ suggests just in case. I think the OP is trying from the admin panel. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

endif

Turns out, the subs.php already contained this change. Don't know how.

So, I got to SMF 1.1.14 ok, but now upgrading to SMF 1.1.15 I get the same error. I'm moving to SMF 1.1.16 asap, can you send difs for that?

thanks much,
Stephanie

endif

Never mind - thanks for your help. Based on your first answers, I figured it out.

Thanks again,
Stephanie

hugo32

The information you have provided is very helpful. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Advertisement: