News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ignore User

Started by Rudolf, September 12, 2005, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

But the test the package manager does is successful?
Does it happen with other mods?
Do you have anything in the error log?
Which version of SMF you're using?
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Octagon Girl

I am using 1.1.2. It does test the package manager as successful, and this is the only mod to which this has happened.

The error log did have something in it. I can check and paste in a min.

Octagon Girl

I just installed it again, and it still doesn't show up.

The error log says:

Quote8: Undefined index: can_ignore
File: /home/truewar/public_html/iwed/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 976

Quote2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /home/truewar/public_html/iwed/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1908

SMdot™

Quote from: Rudolf on September 12, 2005, 01:00:12 PM

Button PSD's: Button templates

Default buttons:     (made by Tanya)

Rudolf

I made an animated Ignore User .gif

- ignore user - ignore.gif
- unignore user - unignore.gif
- show ignored post - ignshow.gif
- hide unignored post - ignhide.gif

save images and rename each one to the name in bold =) enjoy.

note : only spent like two minutes working on em. if anyone wants a customized graphic, just visit my site and request one.

Octagon Girl

Cute buttons, Sho!

alix

Hi everybody!

I have SMF 1.1.2 installed, but if I install this mod, I'm not able to see users IP address (0.0.0.0) is shown in the user(s) online list. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Speed kills. Buy 2CV and live forever.

SMdot™

Rudolf

I can host those buttons and add them to the first post, if you give your permission.

SMdot™

Quote from: Rudolf on April 18, 2007, 01:28:52 PM
I can host those buttons and add them to the first post, if you give your permission.

yeah feel free to do so.

if you want i can make better animated buttons, those were me being lazy and just putting something up quick on my forums =). I can do buttons like tanya's if you'd so desire.

oh by the way I love this mod =)

Rudolf

I added them to the first post. Feel free to make any number of sets you want, and I'll add them to the repository. :)

DefStatic

Ok, I spent the time using what SNAPE suggested. That link that points out what needs to be changed is really useful. I was surprised to see that it is working with my theme.

My question, is all this does is hide the post of the user being ignored? I have seen some boards where if you ignore, the post and the user is hidden. It doesn't just hide the post, it hides almost any trace that the user being ignored posted.

SMdot™

Quote from: Rudolf on April 20, 2007, 02:55:50 PM
I added them to the first post. Feel free to make any number of sets you want, and I'll add them to the repository. :)

alrighty =)

Rudolf

Quote from: DefStatic on April 24, 2007, 04:31:47 PM
Ok, I spent the time using what SNAPE suggested. That link that points out what needs to be changed is really useful. I was surprised to see that it is working with my theme.

My question, is all this does is hide the post of the user being ignored? I have seen some boards where if you ignore, the post and the user is hidden. It doesn't just hide the post, it hides almost any trace that the user being ignored posted.
Well, I'm not quite sure what you mean. This will hide the body of the post, the poster information and attachments. Instead it should show a text saying "This user is currently ignored.".
Can you post a screenshot?

carlatf

Hi,
the alteration of display.template.php failed, so I'm modifying it byhand. But there's a section where I read:
<!-- for 1.0.7 and 1.0.8 -->
<!-- for 1.1 rc3 and 1.1 rc2 -->

Where are the modifications for 1.1.2?
Best regards,
Carla

Rudolf

Apply the ones that say 1.1 RC3 and RC2.

Poppet

I've just tried to install this on a forum without success. I've trawled through the thread and can't find the answer so could anyone help me cos I really like this mod, have used it before on another forum and never had a problem with it in the past.

This is the error I'm getting

12.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs-Members.php   Test successful
13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test successful
14.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Recent.php   Test successful
15.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed
16.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Post.template.php   Test successful
17.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful

babjusi

Quote from: carlatf on May 12, 2007, 06:58:18 PM
Hi,
the alteration of display.template.php failed, so I'm modifying it byhand. But there's a section where I read:
<!-- for 1.0.7 and 1.0.8 -->
<!-- for 1.1 rc3 and 1.1 rc2 -->

Where are the modifications for 1.1.2?
Best regards,
Carla

I had a look at the mod and there it said that it is compatible with these version of smf: Compatible With:     1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2

unrelenting

Quote from: Poppet on May 13, 2007, 03:49:05 PM
I've just tried to install this on a forum without success. I've trawled through the thread and can't find the answer so could anyone help me cos I really like this mod, have used it before on another forum and never had a problem with it in the past.

15.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed
16.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Post.template.php   Test successful
17.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful

You've probably installed a mod that changed the Display.template.php. If it can't search and find the exact line of code in that file then it won't be able to write the new code to it.

Poppet

Quote from: unrelenting on May 13, 2007, 10:28:55 PM
Quote from: Poppet on May 13, 2007, 03:49:05 PM

You've probably installed a mod that changed the Display.template.php. If it can't search and find the exact line of code in that file then it won't be able to write the new code to it.

Thanks unrelenting, I realise that I was hoping someone could provide me with the code that needs adding so I can do the code additions manually.

Rudolf

In the package there's a file called themes.xml, you will find there the changes made in DIsplay.template.php

Advertisement: