Thank you to all who help!

Started by mikedijital, December 03, 2012, 07:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikedijital

I started with SMF 1.1.5 and my web building skills at the time were stuck in yahoo's geocities site builder.

I didnt even know you could add a mod. Over time I had a member join who had some PHP chops and they added mods and gave me a small basic understanding of the mod panel. but that was about it

if you dont know what your doing .... the importance of this          ;           is sooooooo underated in the code hahaha

But because of the members, mods and designers here on this forum, my forum has more features, and runs smoother from my own key strokes. the people who post here have taught me more about getting a handle and making my SMF forum my own than any one else ive ever crossed paths with . my members are constantly pleased with the quality of mods made by members, and the willingness of this community to help a stranger with code, or even rewriting a template for them

You guys have a great thing here, people helping people do better.... its a wonderful theme!

cheers all!

Colin

Thats awesome Mike! Thanks for all of the kind words directed toward the community. The most pleasurable thing that I have seen, is you turning around with that newly acquired knowledge and assisting other users. Thank you for taking the initiative and time to do that.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

xrunner

Yea they are good here - helped me a lot too over the years.  :)

mikedijital

Quote from: Colin on December 03, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
Thats awesome Mike! Thanks for all of the kind words directed toward the community. The most pleasurable thing that I have seen, is you turning around with that newly acquired knowledge and assisting other users. Thank you for taking the initiative and time to do that.

there is no more helpless feeling than having a forum you built, start to get members, then you try to add something neat and bork the forum into a colossal crash. plus not know how to undo what you just did. We all hope people make backups, and all that common sense stuff, but im even guilty of jumping into mods without backing up, and then crying I broke something.

When a member here helps me, Like shambles did in this thread , http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=491812.msg3447599#msg3447599 it really makes your day to finally fix something thats been an issue. and lot of times peoples issues is a simple line of code, that someone here knows.

oh yeah, aside from hosting cost, its all free!.  in 2012 this sites breaks the you get what you pay for mold, no doubt!

Deaks

I am glad that you are happy, if you wish to add a Testimonial please do

http://download.simplemachines.org/testimonials.php

We are aware of the 2nd page not showing and it has been reported to the correct team.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

kat

What's unusual, is people taking the trouble to express their gratitude.

People are all too keen to complain, but rather less-so, to praise.

Mike... You're gentleman!

Advertisement: