News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Preview] Facebook theme SMF 2.0

Started by Mick., December 07, 2012, 03:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Heres my attempt to make a theme looking like facebook.

Should be finshied soon. ;)

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Robert.

Mick.

Antechinus

Quote from: Doctor Deejay on December 07, 2012, 05:32:55 PM
It looks great, amazing work! :)

What's amazing about it? Serious question, not trolling. It's just a basic theme.

Mick.

Quote from: Antechinus on December 07, 2012, 08:27:18 PM
Quote from: Doctor Deejay on December 07, 2012, 05:32:55 PM
It looks great, amazing work! :)

What's amazing about it? Serious question, not trolling. It's just a basic theme.
lol sure is ;)

Robert.

Quote from: Antechinus on December 07, 2012, 08:27:18 PMWhat's amazing about it? Serious question, not trolling. It's just a basic theme.
I can say the same about the 2.1 default theme. To be honest, I think this theme looks a lot better. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should go crazy because someone else likes it.

Antechinus

Antes

I respect all work done on this theme (Please don't get me wrong) but i completely agree with Antechinus.

Mick.

It is a simple theme. It's a Facebook knockoff. Lol

Robert.

Quote from: Antechinus on December 08, 2012, 03:23:42 PM
Who's going crazy?
You are. I am allowed to say what I think. Go to the police station and report me if saying what I think is against the law. I like the theme, simple as that.

Antechinus

:D Yes of course you're allowed to say what you think. I never said otherwise. I simply asked you for more information about your opinion. That's not "going crazy". Chill. I have no objection to you liking it.

Robert.

Well, I like the way the borders are done and I like the color scheme a lot. I'm sorry if I over-reacted, I didn't sleep so much tonight. :)

Antechinus

Quote from: Mick G. on December 08, 2012, 04:41:39 PM
It is a simple theme. It's a Facebook knockoff. Lol

Fair enough. Personally I have zero emotional attachment to FB, so it's probably more for fans who associate the look with other stuff.

bloc

Its one of those little dilemmas..FB is a very familar look, so it "feels good" to duplicate it, because its already been done so to speak. Creating brand new designs/layouts is hard, and very, very few do it for SMF forums. Shame really.

But I like the simplistic nature of this theme :) ..it could be just as good in another color I would suspect, thus reducing the nod to FB a little. Anyways, IMHO its far from the carbon-copy that was done earlier in here, here the subtemplates stay true to the SMF layout.

Diego Andrés

Good work, but you can try to make it even better
And i like the theme.
Regards

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

M4rVe

Thank you very much for this theme... and free! :)

Advertisement: