Too many errors on my google webmaster (pics)

Started by johnpaul2k2, December 07, 2012, 05:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Kindred on December 10, 2012, 08:46:58 AM
he turned on SEF URLs in SMF admin...   which, again, is not needed (and mostly not desired)
i am only afraid of google hit. i have suffered in the hand of both google and alexa for almost a month now cos i removed "pretty url" . if google wouldn't hit me, i will off it :D

mrintech

I just noticed that You are getting soft 404 errors and 500/502 errors for OLD URL structures, not for current one:

These type of URLs:  topnichez.com/index.php?board=5.105 should redirect to this type: topnichez.com/index.php/board,5.105.html, but that's not happening. The content can still be accessed via OLD URLs

Frankly, I have NO idea How to correct this? Maybe using .htaccess codes :o

Maybe some other forum member can help you better

:)

stylusss

I would just revert back to the norm, pretty url does not help with SEO, doesn't help with ranking, and no one really looks at the url - content is what matters. You are risking destroying the search rankings.
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

johnpaul2k2

well , i have removed it for more than a month now. i am just serving it's punishment  :P

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Kindred on December 08, 2012, 08:55:44 AM
if you changed from no www to adding a www, you should add a 301 redirect to your htaccess file.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]

working perfectly ok now. i just tried this "no www to adding a www"  thanks boss

Advertisement: