News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom star gif's

Started by burd, December 09, 2012, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burd

How would I go about making some different star gifs for the member groups, I tried to put some up and it doesnt come up? our site, Dark Don has the simple gray/black boxes.
Who'd a know'd the better

Kindred

go to the membergroups and choose modify. you can then set the image file to be used for each membergroup.

Alternatively, you can replace the "star" images in the custom theme directory/images folder
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

burd

That I did, no matter what I do it shows the blank pic icon.

burd

Where do I find the custom folder?

burd

How would I do this into a star?

mashby

Have you purchased that on shutterstock? If so, do you have the program/skills to resize images?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

burd

Is there a folder that one like it may be in?

mashby

Themes/default/images/star.gif
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

or whatever your custom theme directory is, in place of default
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

burd

Whats the star code, it wont load

Kindred

burd,

you are either not bothering to read our posts or you are not explaining yourself clearly.

We have told you - you can do it two ways
1- upload the image to your server and then edit the membergroup settings and tell it specifically what image to use (path to the image and the actual image file name)
2- replace the existing star files in your CUSTOM THEME IMAGE DIRECTORY with the new image (using the same name as the original star file(s).

I will note- this file that you attached is a licensed file.  Have you purchased a license to USE that image?
Слaва
Украинi

kat

The image that I posted, just above...

If it's what you want, right-click on it and save it on your desktop, or wherever.

Upload that image into your default theme's "images" directory, using FTP or your CPanel's File Manager, overwriting what's there.

Job done.

Kindred

K@, he still has not answered if he has a license to use that image... so you might not want to pass it around.
Слaва
Украинi

kat

It's not the same image. I knocked that one up, myself. :)

Advertisement: