Current version of SMF (2.0.3)!!!! so do not move?

Started by Kazumba, December 27, 2012, 03:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazumba

Current version of SMF (2.0.3)!!!!

this new security patch may be important, but forgot it was the 100% functionality in the new version 2.0.3, the Package Modifications should also be changed to 100% fuincionar can also !!?

this topic will mention the errors with the installation and some Package Modifications  noticed that this new version  SMF 2.0.3

after leaving this new ( smf_patch_2.0.3.tar )  I was installing a new forum  ( root ) with this new version »  SMF 2.0.3  Full install

first error buttons are not visible ( see the picture )

errors when installing Package Modifications  in that version SMF 2.0.2  NOT happened!!! !!!

these are the Package Modifications I tried and they gave ALL error in this new version SMF 2.0.3  Full install
yes, manually  also gave error in templates theme default  and the theme core

Adk_back_to_top  « this Package Modifications gives error
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBCode_Blink   « this Package Modifications the button is not even visible in the image above it is installed on the forum as you can see but do not see the button.

one of two things, I can Emulate Version ( Reverse ) version of the forum, or manually install ( Parse ) ... but it still gives error is a text ( strange ) in the forum header and font size throughout the forum are huge!! to uninstall this Package Modifications the forum becomes normal again.

yes I know , this Package Modifications Compatible with: 2.0 RC1.2, 2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, RC5 2.0, 2.0, 2.0.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CountryFlags_v2.1 «  this Package Modifications gives error

OS_Browser_Detection_v1.5_SMF_1.x_SMF_2.x   « this Package Modifications gives error

Full_Top_10_Stats  « this Package Modifications gives error

tidy_child_boards-1.4 «  this Package Modifications gives error to revert to version 2.0.2 forum conflict with others or Package Modifications gives error everywhere in the forum that is offline right away!!!!!

I was put here every other Package Modifications  giving error while installing, I had to make a very long list, because many more will Package Modifications to give a lot of headaches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned, it was much better not having many (MANY) versions of SMF = 1.1.16, 1.1.17, 2.0 RC1.2, 2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, RC5 2.0, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3

SMF 1.0 ... SMF 1.1 ... SMF 2.0

but, and an easier way for us to be permitted Packages Modifications 100% compatible with the new version SMF 2.0.3 without needing recourse to Emulate Version (Reverse) or ( Parse ) asking it costs, and nobody is bound to nothing.

I confess that for me, and the level of the SMF software has always been my favorite the best in everything, but now it was too complicated at all levels, Packs Modifications that are most used and installed in the forums has always been very complicated to install some and now with this new version SMF 2.0.3 everything was much more complicated. all forums who ask me to build i strongly advise that use vBulletin

I think I might have mentioned to staff that this version SMF 2.0.3 Beta is because apparently no one did anything to testing?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the funny thing is that now also has not giving root to install a forum with version 2.0.2 at the time of installation ( gives error and says that there is a new version )  is that at least in the version 2.0.2 the buttons were visible, I installed the full 32 Package Modifications including Package Modifications  that I mentioned above and gave no error in version 2.0.2

these are the Package Modifications I have installed on my forum version 2.0.2

in the new version 2.0.3 mostly not possible to install, ........

not understand why there are so many Package Modifications if we do not have the correct version of the forum, they do not work!! or we have to Emulate Version (Reverse) or we have to do for (Parse) or not giving it to install!!

Now that came out this new smf_patch_2.0.3.tar could change Package of Changes to become compatible with the version 100%

Instead of entitle many different versions of SMF could provide the Package Modifications 100% compatible and without the need to resort to Emulate Version (Reverse) or ( Parse ) does not hurt to ask, and no one will be forced into anything.

I'm give up I will install on the SMF vBulletin

goodbye.

NanoSector

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with our software.

Almost all SMF 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 mods should work perfectly fine on SMF 2.0.3. You should use version emulation as you mentioned to get mods that won't install to install on 2.0.3.

You do seem to have a huge collection of mods installed. I suggest uninstalling all your mods, please see the following page for that:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Then search the mods you still want to have and install them again. Possibly the authors have released new versions which fix issues.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

emanuele

Since I'm very interested in packages functionality I downloaded the zip package from the download site and installed on my localhost.

Quote from: Kazumba on December 27, 2012, 03:10:12 PM
first error buttons are not visible ( see the picture )

Adk_back_to_top  « this Package Modifications gives error

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8808/screen85.png

BBCode_Blink   « this Package Modifications the button is not even visible in the image above it is installed on the forum as you can see but do not see the button.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8808/screen85.png

CountryFlags_v2.1 «  this Package Modifications gives error

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5379/screen85fd.png

OS_Browser_Detection_v1.5_SMF_1.x_SMF_2.x   « this Package Modifications gives error

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6683/screen85y.png

Full_Top_10_Stats  « this Package Modifications gives error
I can't find that one, so I cannot try it.

tidy_child_boards-1.4 «  this Package Modifications gives error to revert to version 2.0.2 forum conflict with others or Package Modifications gives error everywhere in the forum that is offline right away!!!!!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7449/screen85v.png

goodbye.
Goodbye and good luck.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kazumba

Quote from: Santa2889 on December 27, 2012, 03:53:47 PM
We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with our software.

Almost all SMF 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 mods should work perfectly fine on SMF 2.0.3. You should use version emulation as you mentioned to get mods that won't install to install on 2.0.3.

You do seem to have a huge collection of mods installed. I suggest uninstalling all your mods, please see the following page for that:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Then search the mods you still want to have and install them again. Possibly the authors have released new versions which fix issues.

Mods you see are installed in version 2.0.2 !!

in version 2.0.3 gives error, I have not installed anything

Kazumba

on my localhost » version SMF 2.0.2

on my localhost » version SMF 2.0.3

Goodbye and good luck.

emanuele

On my localhost with SMF 2.0.3:
Quote from: emanuele on December 27, 2012, 04:02:10 PM

The package has all the necessary images, the css is fine.

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

Quote from: emanuele on December 27, 2012, 04:39:42 PM
On my localhost with SMF 2.0.3:
Quote from: emanuele on December 27, 2012, 04:02:10 PM

The package has all the necessary images, the css is fine.
What browser is that? :o

Anyways works fine on my localhost too... 2.0.3 works fine 2.0 - 2.0.2 mods too at my place.

"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kazumba

on my localhost » version SMF 2.0.2

on my localhost » version SMF 2.0.3

Goodbye and good luck.

Kazumba

erase this topic is always the same, never solve the issue.

Goodbye .

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Bigguy

There is no issue to solve sir. You say this is on your localhost. How be you go back and check your configuration. Or maybe some other topics made by people that are running on their local host.

NanoSector

Quote from: emanuele on December 27, 2012, 05:53:10 PM
Quote from: Santa2889 on December 27, 2012, 05:25:54 PM
A slightly outdated version of seamonkey.
Build in the 90's? :P

Anyways we are not going to delete this topic.

emanuele

Quote from: Kazumba on December 27, 2012, 05:43:17 PM
erase this topic is always the same, never solve the issue.
You never asked for a solution. You just yelled "your patch is ******".
Me and Yoshi verified the package and it's working fine for us. I tried to install all the mods you listed and I didn't have any issue.

You may had issues while downloading (did you try to download the package again?), you may have a browser cache problem, you may have many other things...

Quote from: Kazumba on December 27, 2012, 05:43:17 PM
Goodbye .
Goodbye.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

emanuele

Quote from: Santa2889 on December 27, 2012, 06:01:27 PM
Quote from: emanuele on December 27, 2012, 06:01:01 PM
Quote from: Santa2889 on December 27, 2012, 05:54:20 PM
Quote from: emanuele on December 27, 2012, 05:53:10 PM
Quote from: Santa2889 on December 27, 2012, 05:25:54 PM
A slightly outdated version of seamonkey.
Build in the 90's? :P
The theme is called "SeaMonkey Modern", can't be 90's, must be (20)20's! :P
It doesn't look very, err, modern :P
You are just too young to know what's modern! :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

Advertisement: