News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

hash_passwrd

Started by hebrew878, January 04, 2013, 08:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2013, 01:39:10 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I'm 99% certain you're trying to do something YOU DON'T NEED TO DO.

I agree...

hebrew878

@Arantor Where are you getting this session id from? its hidden in the login form  :laugh:  onsubmit event javascript generates hash_passwrd using these(sessionid,username,password) parameters and finaly generated hash_passwrd append to the form for submission. do u still need more explanation?  >:(
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/blob/release-2.1/Themes/default/scripts/script.js
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/blob/release-2.1/Themes/default/scripts/sha1.js

hebrew878

Quote from: Xarcell on January 06, 2013, 11:27:37 AM
Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2013, 01:39:10 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I'm 99% certain you're trying to do something YOU DON'T NEED TO DO.

I agree...
please repair your signature  ;D

Kindred

hebrew...

instead of demanding and repeating yourself, why don't you try answering the questions which were asked.

1- what - EXACTLY - are you trying to do?
2- WHY are you passing login information around? (this goes hand-in-hand with #1)

Please try to understand... the people who have contributed to this discussion so far know EXACTLY what they are talking about - and you (obviously) do not. Answer their questions and they will be able to help you. If you don't, they won't... because you are asking the wrong question(s) for the wrong reasons... and you apparently are making assumptions and conclusions which are (most likely) incorrect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hebrew878

Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2013, 01:14:39 PM
hebrew...

instead of demanding and repeating yourself, why don't you try answering the questions which were asked.

1- what - EXACTLY - are you trying to do?
2- WHY are you passing login information around? (this goes hand-in-hand with #1)

Please try to understand... the people who have contributed to this discussion so far know EXACTLY what they are talking about - and you (obviously) do not. Answer their questions and they will be able to help you. If you don't, they won't... because you are asking the wrong question(s) for the wrong reasons... and you apparently are making assumptions and conclusions which are (most likely) incorrect.
i want to login to a forum using a php script(external) this is my objective  please dont ask me why do u want to login

mashby

Since you asked Kindred not to, I'll ask! :)
why do u want to login
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Arantor

Which brings me back to the question I asked back dozens of posts ago... is this on another server? If it's not on another server, you almost certainly don't need any of this.

hebrew878

yes php script is on external server

hebrew878

Quote from: mashby on January 06, 2013, 01:22:48 PM
Since you asked Kindred not to, I'll ask! :)
why do u want to login
secret remains secret  untill its leaked  ;)

Kindred

I'll say it again...

Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2013, 01:14:39 PM

Unless you are willing to share, we are, essentially, unable to help.
It's not like you are talking about state secrets...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hebrew878

ok thanks supporters keep going, i am marking this thread as solved and i will find the answer by myself  :)

good bye smf  8)

Xarcell

Using a PHP script on an external server to login, sounds like hack attempt to me.

hebrew878

<?php
    $u="admin";//username
    $p="admin";//password
    $s="9239b61f938d24e676ff88d8b6b03809";//sessionid data hidden in the form
    echo sha1(sha1(strtolower($u) . $p) . $s);//value of hash_passwrd
?>

hebrew878

Quote from: Xarcell on January 06, 2013, 06:57:54 PM
Using a PHP script on an external server to login, sounds like hack attempt to me.
not exactly. 8)

Arantor

Congratulations, you've figured out a big secret, even though it should have been fairly obvious earlier.

I hope you feel very proud of yourself.

hebrew878

Quote from: Arantor on January 08, 2013, 03:46:53 PM
Congratulations, you've figured out a big secret, even though it should have been fairly obvious earlier.

I hope you feel very proud of yourself.
:D it was a simple one which you guys refused to tell me

Arantor

I refused for ethical reasons. I'm sorry you couldn't see that.

hebrew878

ascaland

emanuele

It's always nice to know people don't read my posts at all...oh well.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: