• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

How to set, "Post a redirection topic" unchecked as default when moving a topic?

Started by ApplianceJunk, December 29, 2012, 12:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

When I go to move a topic the box is already check for, "Post a redirection topic."

How can I fix it so the box is unchecked as default?

Thanks,

Shambles

I'd edit MoveTopic.template.php to comment out the default for the checkbox

Code (Find) Select
<label for="postRedirect"><input type="checkbox" name="postRedirect" id="postRedirect" ',
$context['is_approved'] ? 'checked="checked"' : '', ' onclick="', $context['is_approved'] ? '' : 'if (this.checked && !confirm(\'' . $txt['move_topic_unapproved_js'] . '\')) return false; ', 'document.getElementById(\'reasonArea\').style.display = this.checked ? \'block\' : \'none\';" class="input_check" /> ', $txt['moveTopic1'], '.</label>

Code (Replace With) Select
<label for="postRedirect"><input type="checkbox" name="postRedirect" id="postRedirect" ',
/* $context['is_approved'] ? 'checked="checked"' : '', */ ' onclick="', $context['is_approved'] ? '' : 'if (this.checked && !confirm(\'' . $txt['move_topic_unapproved_js'] . '\')) return false; ', 'document.getElementById(\'reasonArea\').style.display = this.checked ? \'block\' : \'none\';" class="input_check" /> ', $txt['moveTopic1'], '.</label>

It might still leave the redirection box there but the default tick should disappear

Bixby

Is there any way to do this without editing code? I would like to do away with the redirection option completely if possible.
www.SaskGames.com
We WORK to help you PLAY!

Arantor

No good deed goes unpunished
All helpful urges should be circumvented

Bixby

Thanks for the quick response.

That makes me a sad panda. :(

Hopefully this feature will be incorporated in a mod or a future release of SMF.
www.SaskGames.com
We WORK to help you PLAY!

Advertisement: