Installation Error

Started by User Deleted, January 19, 2013, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N i g h t m a r e

I Have no idea how to do that at all haha.

Colin

Modify the db_install.php file and change where it says TYPE to ENGINE
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Okay so i need to fix these in my custom themes index.template.php

Find

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css

Add Before

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $boardurl.'/talkbox/css/talkbox.css" />

Find
// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
template_menu();

echo '
<br class="clear" />';

Add After

echo '<br />';
global $boarddir;
require_once($boarddir.'/talkbox/index.php');

But i dont see any of the "Find" text anywhere :l

I fixed the install problem but i need help with this now.

(I Used notepad++ to search for the text but it couldnt find it)

Colin

That is why there is an error :). Didn't you make the template edits previously?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Colin

For the first edit just make sure it is enclosed in the <head> tags. It won't make a difference where it is located. For the other it should be after the menu, but I am not exactly sure of the placement.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

The talkbox shows but gives me this error:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_qos/10.10 Server at pshomenation.com Port 80

Colin

Colin

MrPhil

Quote from: Colin on January 27, 2013, 01:13:55 AM
For the first edit just make sure it is enclosed in the <head> tags. It won't make a difference where it is located.
Actually, it will. Which CSS rule applies in a given situation can depend on the order in which the CSS was defined (i.e., the order that .css files were included). The instructions seem to imply that it should go after the other .css files but before the print .css file.

If you're having trouble locating where to make these edits in a non-default theme, make sure they were applied to the default theme. Look at that theme and see where in the code they appear, and then study your theme's code and try to find the corresponding code. The PHP code may not match up exactly, but if you know PHP you should be able to find the functional equivalent. If you don't know PHP, you're SOL. You might have to make an educated guess and do some trial-and-error code changes.

Colin

Quote from: MrPhil on February 10, 2013, 10:02:10 AM
Quote from: Colin on January 27, 2013, 01:13:55 AM
For the first edit just make sure it is enclosed in the <head> tags. It won't make a difference where it is located.
Actually, it will. Which CSS rule applies in a given situation can depend on the order in which the CSS was defined (i.e., the order that .css files were included). The instructions seem to imply that it should go after the other .css files but before the print .css file.

If you're having trouble locating where to make these edits in a non-default theme, make sure they were applied to the default theme. Look at that theme and see where in the code they appear, and then study your theme's code and try to find the corresponding code. The PHP code may not match up exactly, but if you know PHP you should be able to find the functional equivalent. If you don't know PHP, you're SOL. You might have to make an educated guess and do some trial-and-error code changes.
You are right, if it has conflicting tags then the order becomes important.

Colin

Advertisement: