Convert from PHPBB 3.0.11 to SMF2

Started by janderson2k, January 28, 2013, 08:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janderson2k

First of all, HELLO EVERYONE! 

I look forward to contributing to the forums!

I am trying to move my forum FROM PHPBB3.0.11 to SMF2.  I uploaded the converter and ran it.  Here is what I get:

"Converting...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... 
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Anyone have any idea?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

banks

nobody has a answer for this ...i posted this same issue 20 dam times and not a single responce

emanuele

Funny that both of you have the same email address to contact.

Are you on the same host?
Is a win or linux server?

An internal server error in my mind is usually connected to a file permissions issue (i.e. wrong setting for file permissions) or some htaccess screwing up something.
Check that all the SMF files have the proper permissions: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Installing#Set_File_and_Folder_Permissions

If you have any htaccess remove it and try again.

How many posts do you have on your forum?
How many users?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

banks

Is Someone Else Is Using My Email Address Ban That Fcker

Anyways..
Dude All Folders Are 755 On My Host And 644 For Files .
It's A Fresh Install
My Host Is Ipage.
And I Have No .Htaccess Files ...
I Even Re-Installed Vbulletin and Just Added the Forum And Posts via SQL To My PhpAdmin And I Still Get The Error

emanuele

Once you have finished the conversion, simply go to admin > maintenance routine and run the tasks "fix any error" and "recount all statistics".
That should lead to (almost) the same result.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: