SMF 2.0.4 and 1.1.18 critical security patches released

Started by emanuele, February 01, 2013, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzonny

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

rickmastfan67

Quote from: emanuele on February 01, 2013, 05:26:51 PM
Edit: the language packs are currently broken, in few hours they will be regenerated, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope the auto-update comes back online soon as the forum I help maintain keeps downloading the 2.0.3 update instead of the 2.0.4 one. lol.

Mick.

LiroyvH

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 01, 2013, 10:13:18 PM
Hope the auto-update comes back online soon as the forum I help maintain keeps downloading the 2.0.3 update instead of the 2.0.4 one. lol.

That's actually not related to the language packs but a typo on our servers. Fixed that.
Please run the "Fetch Simple Machines files" scheduled task again and then try to do it again. :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Crozz

ARG01

Quote from: NO CARRIER on February 01, 2013, 06:57:36 PM
Patched, thanks! http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ I want to see what is patched, but here is no SMF 1.1.17 to SMF 1.1.18 patch for download.

It's at the bottom of the "SMF 1.1" list. Not sure why neither is in ascending order?  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Arantor

It usually appears at the bottom of the list until it gets manually moved. Pushing out an update is a big, big deal here.

mashby

It's the Doppler effect. You see it in your own site's admin panel before you see it at the top of the list here. But the whole time, it exists. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Arantor

Sort of, yes.

To explain... what happens is that the patch is released, and around that time, the latest-version.js file is updated here. Over the next day or so, everyone phones home, grabs the update etc.

But the upgrades page is less automated and requires a little hand-tuned maintenance, which not everyone can do. It's a massive undertaking to push out an update.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: CoreISP on February 01, 2013, 11:15:41 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 01, 2013, 10:13:18 PM

That's actually not related to the language packs but a typo on our servers. Fixed that.
Please run the "Fetch Simple Machines files" scheduled task again and then try to do it again. :)

Thanks for fixing that.  It's working correctly now. :)  And I've got our forum patched. :)

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

The Craw

Quote from: Arantor on February 01, 2013, 11:48:03 PM
Sort of, yes.

To explain... what happens is that the patch is released, and around that time, the latest-version.js file is updated here. Over the next day or so, everyone phones home, grabs the update etc.

But the upgrades page is less automated and requires a little hand-tuned maintenance, which not everyone can do. It's a massive undertaking to push out an update.

Bob Martin would be in favor of automating those tasks.

Thanks for the update, guys! :D

French

Quote from: CoreISPThat's actually not related to the language packs but a typo on our servers. Fixed that.
Please run the "Fetch Simple Machines files" scheduled task again and then try to do it again
Are you´re sure it is  fixed for all the servers ??,still getting this,even after running Fetch Simple Machines Files again
Het is momenteel niet mogelijk een verbinding te maken met de meest recente nieuwsfile op simplemachines.org

Edit; Patch manually installed, however the automatic entry in the Administration screen stays empty, no connection to Simple Machines.org possible

Advertisement: