Stack Trace

Started by Arantor, October 10, 2014, 06:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quote from: dougiefresh on February 11, 2018, 09:38:02 PM
Quote from: aegersz on February 11, 2018, 03:55:46 AM
@dougiefresh

? i am not sure what you mean - i just had the setting wrong
IMO, the stack trace should be visible regardless of whether that setting is ON or OFF.  That's my opinion, and that's why I'm calling it a bug to possibly be fixed....

If you can figure out how to get a stack trace out of PHP during an eval call, be my guest. But it isn't a bug.

aegersz

I have been getting rid of most of the error message since it was brought up recently, which is why i rely on this mod often but had only been turning it on when i needed to.

thanks @dougiefresh, your suggestions result in both a deeper stack trace and prevention of spurious error symptoms from finding their way to the application's page.

@Arantor, you may want to incorporate this into your next version ~ i can run with eval disabled permanently now (at least, so far).

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

Firstly, I'm not udating this mod. I don't care enough about SMF to go rehashing mods from years ago.

Secondly, running without eval is still the only way to actually get proper backtraces. It's also faster and doesn't break the opcache on 5.5+.

Thirdly, a variation on this is included in 2.1 where eval has been removed anyway.

Fourthly, this sort of thread just makes me wonder why I haven't just removed all my mods anyway.

aegersz

remove them ? when you put all that work in (!) ~ people like me may be stuck on 2.0.x for a while yet and can benefit from them.

please leave them ... they have "evolutionary" value too.

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

They also have the habit of generating people asking me to do things. When no future forum I will be running will be a natural SMF install therefore I have no use for any of the mods I have written.

Advertisement: