Ordering product through the Forum

Started by RobertEngel86, February 15, 2013, 02:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertEngel86

I am not that familiar with all the technical side of the forum and have a company that maintains the forum and such. My question is that the guys on the forum want to buying hoodies and shirts off the forum. Since I don't have a business I was going to sell the stuff at cost through the website. If someone could show me or point me in the right direction to update my forum to sell gear that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Rob

MrPhil

SMF itself doesn't have a really capable shop mod, for selling real products for real money to the general public. Possibly one of the portal mods would have something (go ahead and look). I would suggest installing a separate store (separate directory) with an ecommerce solution (osCommerce, Zen Cart, Magento, etc.). Just keep in mind that a visitor can't jump back and forth between the two (forum and store), and should log out of one before going into the other.

Kindred

Actually, my suggestion would be to use a portal mod with a block for CafePress.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

I do have an ecommerce system for SMF for digital and physical products more information can be found at:  http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-store.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: