News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Account Deletion

Started by Uhura!, February 19, 2013, 07:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

How do you remove a member's request for account deletion without approving it?

SMF 2.0.4

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Arantor

It sort of depends on how things are configured and who's doing it.

Admins should be able to delete an account outright from the account profile in question, without having to separately approve.

Users may be able to, depending on whether the option to require approval is set or not. If the option is not set, user account deletion is instant and without any approval. If it is set to require approval, it should require approval regardless of the user account options.

Uhura!

This is info I already have. Can you tell me how to you remove a member's request for account deletion without approving it?

In other words, i am not going to delete the account. The request will always remain there if I don't delete it. I need to find a way to get rid of the request.
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Arantor

Oh, that's what you wanted? Lovely and clear there.

From the admin panel you should have an option in the dropdown to reject it, which should reject the deletion. I've never actually thought to try it for certain though.

Uhura!

Quote from: Arantor on February 19, 2013, 07:37:47 PM
Oh, that's what you wanted? Lovely and clear there.

LOL Thx :)

QuoteFrom the admin panel you should have an option in the dropdown to reject it, which should reject the deletion. I've never actually thought to try it for certain though.

That's not a choice... Pls help!

Arantor

Trust me, it is an option.

And yes, it does work as expected, rejecting the deletion request and reinstating the account.

Uhura!

You're awesome! Thank you Arantor :)

Advertisement: