News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to Connect to SMF for Latest News File

Started by Colin, March 04, 2013, 10:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Hehe, you can tell how much I use Chrome. I completely forgot you were using Firefox. You picked it up though :).
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

user1234

This is a little weird. Sorry I didn't try this before.
Today when I went to my new forum and logged in to my admin panel it still said:

"You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file."

But it occurred to me to click on the "Help" question mark in the little band at the top of the box (next to "Live from Simple Machines....")

It popped up the little white box and it was blank for quite a number of seconds, and then it connected with the "Help" note and at the same time filled in the box with the latest news and it looked just like my other forum, with the latest news on versions, patches and such.

I left it and went to another area of admin, and went back to it and got the unable to connect note again. Clicked the question mark again and connected and filled in the box again.

Closed that browser and opened another browser, logged in to admin, and now I can't get it to repeat that again. When I click on the question mark I only get the help popup. Maybe it ate a cookie or something.

Back when I did the "repair_settings.php" the cookie was the only think that it recommended changing, but that didn't change my inability to connect to news. (PS: I'm going back to bed)

Advertisement: