News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how can I extract emails from membergroup I created?

Started by ApplianceJunk, March 25, 2013, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

I have a member group I created on our forum that I would like to extract the email address from.
Is this something I can do in phpMyAdmin? If so how would I go about doing it?

Thanks,

Arantor

There's really no easy way to do that. Here's a thought though: why? If you want to send them all a message, use the newsletter function in the admin panel which lets you select which group(s) to send to...

ApplianceJunk

I want to export the address to my gmail account.

Arantor

Yes... but why? If you're sending a group message, use the admin panel for it. I can't really imagine what else you'd want to do with it.

ApplianceJunk

Twitter has a option to search my gmail contact for friends that I would like to use.

Arantor

Wait... you want to set it up so you share your email password with Twitter? Why would you share your email password with anyone, let alone a company that is at the sole mercy of venture capitalists?

In any case, there still isn't any good way to do this. Even the nicest DB query isn't going to be very nice.

live627

SELECT real_name, email_address FROM smf_members WHERE id_group = 9

How is that ugly?

Arantor

live627

SELECT real_name, email_address FROM smf_members WHERE id_group = 9 OR FIND_IN_SET(9, additional_groups)

@AJ: 9 is an arbitrary number.

Arantor

I suppose on an 18k members site this won't chug *too* badly (unindexable queries FTW)

Advertisement: