Started by [RMS]Yakuza, April 26, 2013, 04:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[RMS]Yakuza

I have a database

But fail to put on a forum

I tried to upload to phpmyadmin and fail

What should I do?

Acans

So the Database you have is an SQL file?

Just need a little for information please :)
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

[RMS]Yakuza

Quote from: ѕησω on April 26, 2013, 06:24:02 AM
So the Database you have is an SQL file?

Just need a little for information please :)

Yes
Is an SQL file
Soo,
I want to put on a host,
to use it as a forum

Acans

Was the database previously used for an SMF installation? If not, it won't work.

If it was, than create a database. Than create a user and assign the user to the database with all permissions. In PHPMyAdmin, select the import button. It'll upload the SQL file and un-compress it into it's tables and columns.

Than upload a fresh copy of SMF to your preferred directory via FTP and un-compress it. Than you'll need to upload this file: repair_settings.php to enter the MySQL information and possibly also correct paths for the themes directory and what not. If you feel comfortable with editing source files, just edit the settings.php file and enter the information manually.

Some more helpful links:

What is repair_settings.php?
Restoring a Database
How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

[RMS]Yakuza

The database is SMF
I got 2-3 days
I put in phpmyadmin

And it gives me an error

Errore
Query SQL:

INSERT INTO smf_log_search_subjects
VALUES (

'��n', '2744');

Messaggio di MySQL:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '2744' for key 'PRIMARY'

[RMS]Yakuza

Storman™

How did you make the original backup sql file ? Did you use phpmyadmin or the functionality in SMF ?

Also, is it SMF 2.0.4 ?

TheListener

Sneaky way of bumping a topic before 24 hours too.

[RMS]Yakuza

Quote from: Storman™ on April 26, 2013, 09:26:31 AM
How did you make the original backup sql file ? Did you use phpmyadmin or the functionality in SMF ?

Also, is it SMF 2.0.4 ?

Yes 2.0.4

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 26, 2013, 09:28:10 AM

Urgent need to solve the problem
Since we need

TheListener

Quote from: [RMS]Yakuza on April 26, 2013, 09:33:00 AM

Yes 2.0.4

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 26, 2013, 09:28:10 AM

Urgent need to solve the problem
Since we need

This is your excuse for not adhereing to the rules?

[RMS]Yakuza

mister
I understand what you say but I have and I need help
and change the subject  :-\

[RMS]Yakuza

kat

Yakuza... Every single member of the SMF team is a volunteer. We all do this in our spare time. We're all in different parts of the world, too. So, when you post, some of us might even be asleep, in bed.

So, there is absolutely no point in you continually bumping topics, all the time.

Please, stop doing it.

None of us wants to give you an official warning, or anything. But, if your persist in doing this, we'll either ban you or ignore you.

Believe me, NONE of us wants that. So, please be patient, in future.

Thankyou.

Acans

Not to sure TBH :(

I would have a look at this topic and see if any of the steps help: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=495710.0

The OP seems to be having the same problem as yourself.

[RMS]Yakuza

Quote from: K@ on April 26, 2013, 11:29:22 AM
Yakuza... Every single member of the SMF team is a volunteer. We all do this in our spare time. We're all in different parts of the world, too. So, when you post, some of us might even be asleep, in bed.

So, there is absolutely no point in you continually bumping topics, all the time.

Please, stop doing it.

None of us wants to give you an official warning, or anything. But, if your persist in doing this, we'll either ban you or ignore you.

Believe me, NONE of us wants that. So, please be patient, in future.

Thankyou.

I'm sorry xD

Quote from: ѕησω on April 26, 2013, 11:30:04 AM
Not to sure TBH :(

I would have a look at this topic and see if any of the steps help: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=495710.0

The OP seems to be having the same problem as yourself.

I realize not
In the language section unresponsive moderator

[RMS]Yakuza

Not solve the problem  :-[

Storman™

This is not the best way to overcome it but you could try edited the SQL file and remove that table entry (within smf_log_search_subjects) for now, just so that you can get the installation up and running. Or even omit that table all together. Then when up and running you could manually create it.

Out of interest do you still have access to the original database or is that now gone ?

[RMS]Yakuza

I searched in the database smf_log_search_subjects

I deleted that line and gives me this error

Errore
Query SQL:  Modifica

SELECT  `comment`
FROM  `phpmyadmin`.`pma_column_info`
WHERE db_name =  'u171914327_ruzuz'
AND table_name =  ''
AND column_name =  '(db_comment)'

Messaggio di MySQL:

#1142 - SELECT command denied to user 'u171914327_zypaz'@'localhost' for table 'pma_column_info'
Connessione per controluser come definito nella configurazione fallita.

xD

Arantor

That would be because your host fouled up configuration of phpMyAdmin itself. Which takes some doing.

Advertisement: