how to add anyone in ignore list to avoid pm's

Started by Shrink, May 18, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrink

hi,
i didn't find a ignore option in profile. i want to ignore pm from particular  member. how i can avoid them?

Acans

(Profile > Modify Profile Tab > Buddies/Ignore list)

If you can't see it, it means the feature is disabled and can be turned on from (Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > General > Enable buddy/ignore list[i/])
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

solewind

Quote from: ѕησω on May 19, 2013, 03:14:48 AM

If you can't see it, it means the feature is disabled and can be turned on from (Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > General > Enable buddy/ignore list[i/])
Got the same problem and it works. Thank you Snow.

Shrink

Quote from: ѕησω on May 19, 2013, 03:14:48 AM

i checked this setting but still i didn't see this feature i am useing smf 2.0.4

br360

Once they are added to your ignore list, you then have to go into Profile> Modify Profile> Personal Messaging.

Where you see this- Receive personal messages from:, change the setting to the right to "All members, except those on my ignore list"

Hit the "change profile" button on the bottom right, and you are done.

Shrink

Quote from: br360 on May 20, 2013, 01:07:08 AM
Once they are added to your ignore list, you then have to go into Profile> Modify Profile> Personal Messaging.

Where you see this- Receive personal messages from:, change the setting to the right to "All members, except those on my ignore list"

Hit the "change profile" button on the bottom right, and you are done.
yes it is also a good option but in this option any new member can't connect with me.
Actually snow tell absoultely right, but due to lack of communication i cant understand it.
in smf we have to add some one in our ignore list we have to go to OUR PROFILE & THEN GO TO OUR IGNOR LIST (your forum name  » Profile of Test » Buddies/Ignore List » Edit Ignore List )
i am trying to find it in the persons profile who i want ignore !!! :o
that why i didn't find it.
Thanks guys.  very nice help !! O:)

Advertisement: