"You already submitted this post!" - quick reply problem?

Started by madfiddler, September 22, 2005, 05:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prasad007

Yeah. I too get this very often.
I just reopen the thread and then post.

digit

Quote from: Grudge on December 11, 2005, 04:58:36 PM
Well, there are several things that can be at play here. If this is exclusive to quick reply it's almost certainly a theme problem. You need to check your Display.template.php file and ensure this line occurs:

<input type="hidden" name="seqnum" value="', $context['form_sequence_number'], '" />

Secondly, it could be a browser issue, may be worth checking your users don't have anything odd that they use.

Thirdly, if you can't solve the problem you can just bypass the error in the mean time. In Security.php simply remove this:

if ($is_fatal)
fatal_lang_error('error_form_already_submitted', false);
else
return false;

Bear in mind this is terribly difficult to debug. I'm sorry you haven't had a response earlier but I've been very busy as of late. I may recommend we rename the description for this board as I personally don't check Coding Discussion very much, we may be better off recommending bug reports are filed elsewhere.

I just took your advice and removed that snippet from Security.php Grudge, thanks.  Is there any potential problem removing it?

For the record, my problem started - not on the quick reply, but on any new post - or reply - after I moved the forum to a faster server - not sure if that is a clue or not!!!!

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

nza2k

Until I read this topic, it was impossible to use quick reply on my forum.
As suggested here, I changeed secure.php and now "quick reply" seems to work correctly.

I thank you all for that.

However, I'm not sure changing secure.php is the right way to fix the bug. For instance, after posting a reply via quick reply, I can go back to the previous page (by pressing back on my browser) and post again the same message.

Maybe there is other "side effects" ???

Did any one find any other solutions ?

I noticed for instance the value of "seqnum" remains unfilled with V1.1RC2 default theme :

<input type="hidden" name="seqnum" value="" />

Is it OK ?

Avis sur les voyagistes dans le forum de Voyage-Net, propulsé par SMF depuis des années :)

nza2k

Quote from: electrohome on December 12, 2005, 01:24:14 AM

if ($is_fatal)
reutrn false;
else
return false;

instead

Hello electrohome, thank you for your tip.
I tried it and it seems to work.
Just one notice, as many may have noted, thats "return" and not "reutrn"

Like that :

if ($is_fatal)
return false;
else
return false;

Avis sur les voyagistes dans le forum de Voyage-Net, propulsé par SMF depuis des années :)

tomis

Any "official" news on this bug?  We're still living with it but not liking it :)
~

Leipe Po

just have pacience, this is free software and since the most of the team is on hiatus, plus pressing trough to the RC3 they have enough stress on ther hands as it is, maybe the dev's have this allready on ther list....
There is only one thing more importend to me then coding:
My Girlfriend

Microsoft - "You've got questions.  We've got dancing paperclips."

qtime

tomis

Quote from: qtime on May 15, 2006, 04:05:45 PM
I am very happy with the secure.php solution... 8)
Well it works, but it's not "right" :)
~

Skipdawg

Some of my members just brought this to my attention. Has a real fix been found yet. I see allot of mention. Not looking for a band-aid but a fix.  :(
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Farewell

Me and my forum members have been experiencing this error, seemingly at random after I migrated the board to a new webhost. Bord was origninally installed as 1.05 -> upgraded to 1.07 -> migrated to new host as 1.07 -> the error started occuring -> upgraded to 1.1 RC2 -> error is still occuring.

I'm running no mods and using the default theme (with a slight modification to the site header to display my logo and a navmenu).

Might try the security.php bypass thing if i get enough complaints from my members :<

Hoping for an official fix soon :)

Btrice

I have started randomly getting this error as well.  Somehow the other night the DB driven sessions setting in my settings.php just disappeared (haven't made any forum changes to settings or mods in a couple months and my ftp and forum passwords are almost obsessive compulsive in their complexity and I'm the only admin).  After I figured out that was the problem and fixed it (thus getting rid of all the session expired errors) this one has started up in its place.  Only happens to ME about once a day, not sure about my members they don't tend to report errors to me.

BTW - Running RC2 with a custom theme (which has worked flawlessly since I created it 4 months ago).

jeff41

I get this error all the time now.  I am unable to post or send a pm.  I'm using smf 1.1RC2 and joomla 1.0.9 and the bridge.  No mods at all.  Does this have to do with Member Group changes that I made?  If so how do I fix it?

Seems to only happen when I view the forum wrapped in Joomla.

jeff

Btrice

Mine is happening more frequently now too.  Today about 4 times in 8 posts.  Absolutely NO changes since my last post besides deleting a few members.

Jeff B

This is a problem that has started appearing on our forum this past month. Sometimes its very bad. We have had NO changes in our templates or software during this time but I do know of an event that MIGHT have something to do with it, but having zero knowledge of php I cant say for sure.

The day before our problems started, our server was having issues. I called the hosting company and htey said they were having troubles with a firewall issue network wide and that things would be back up once they figured it out. From the time the server came back up with thier firewall fix, this problem developed. Is there something that our hosting companies are doing via a firewall that is effecting the php functions when we submit information via a post or instant message?

LostProphecy

trying this out...

once again as this is in the security file does it have any security implications of changing this piece of code?
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

TheGamer

I've never had this problem. I use a custom theme (www.gamerunlimited.com/smf) and I always use quick reply, and post it via ALT + S

H

This issue is currently being worked on. We are experiencing it on this site and the devs are busy testing possible fixes

once again as this is in the security file does it have any security implications of changing this piece of code?

It could allow double posts which might help spam bots.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

LostProphecy

i just wanted to report incase it helps or even if it doesn't...

once i changed this piece of code in the security file my members are how saying they are having an increasing number of instances where the post just disappears... they post and it returns to the board (or back to the topic) and when they look the post is just not there...

just to quote someone above

Quote from: TheGamer on July 27, 2006, 10:25:55 AM
I've never had this problem. I use a custom theme (www.gamerunlimited.com/smf) and I always use quick reply, and post it via ALT + S

i always use alt+s for everything and i have never experienced this error.... could this be a possible clue?
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

H

Quotei always use alt+s for everything and i have never experienced this error.... could this be a possible clue?

I use alt+s and get the error so no :(
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Wal-Mart Security

I'm getting the error now :o

For now I'm altering the security.php as stated above, but this is a commercial site and so I can't leave it like that for very long.  I've also reloaded a fresh copy of display.template.php from the original copy of the WikiStyle theme.  One thing that I should add is that it started happening immediately after I changed the domain name and moved all the files to a different directory(ie bernina.achilleustechnologies.com to berninaokc.com)

Everything else works just fine except for this.  Running on SMF 1.1.2.
Achilleus Technologies
Ace Gaming Syndicate
PART TIME SMF CHARTER MEMBER 4LIFE

SMF slays phpbb, puts it in an IPB coffin, and buries them both with the ashes of vBulletin.

Advertisement: