News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't move boards after reinstall

Started by eutychus, June 06, 2013, 08:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

Actually, I goofed, there. I meant the "mod_security" thing.

Let me tell you how dumb that thing is, using an explanation that I've shared, here, a few times.

On a forum that I used to use, mod_security was enabled and it threw a hissy-fit, because I happened to mention that, at that time, I lived in Essex.

What didn't it like, about that?

Believe it, or not, it's because "Essex" has the letters "S", "E" and "X", in it, in that order.

It really is that dumb.

eutychus

Agreed.

However, I have been assured that mod_security is not on since I'm on a Windows system and they have no such setting.

So ... back to square one.

kat

Ah... Windows server... You hadn't mentioned that.

Different ballgame.

I'm afraid I'm off to bed, now.

I'll have another think, on this, in the morning. Hopefully, of course, someone can put you out of your misery, before then. :)

eutychus

Just so we're clear on something else  as well ... I migrated FROM hosting on a Windows server (where the darned thing worked fine) to another Windows hosting server where I'm suddenly having problems.

Nighty night!

kat

So, we seem to have got to the point where we have to think that there's some server setting, somewhere, that's different on your new host's server, compared to the old one.

That makes me think that it might be better, for you, to have a conflab, with your host, to try and figure-out what that difference might be.

Not trying to wriggle-out of anything, here. But, obviously, we can't see those settings, whereas your host can.

eutychus

Well, I'm gonna call this one kinda solved.

I went into the mySQL itself and ran:

ALTER TABLE smf_categories
ORDER BY catOrder;

That got everything back in the correct order. I still can't do it through the SMF Administration panel, but it is a workaround for the time being.

Advertisement: