News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Tabbed Categories

Started by NanoSector, June 16, 2013, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NIAB

Possble to add the option to tab selected categories. Would be great for organizing forum sections :)

NanoSector

What would you do with the other categories? I like the feature though, but not sure if it is efficient.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

striker60

Considering you offered to edit in the tabs, do you mind doing it for mine? It's for Citiez. (attached it)

NanoSector

Hello striker60, welcome to SMF :)

What do you want changed?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kingkingston

littlenicki

Hello, could you please do a SMF 1.1.18 version of this mod? it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

NanoSector

Sorry littlenicki, I'm not planning to support 1.1.x in any of my mods (Lock Recycled Topics being an exception). If anybody feels like porting this or my other mods to 1.1.x, feel free to do so.

Decompiler

Quote from: NIAB on July 20, 2013, 03:35:43 AM
Possble to add the option to tab selected categories. Would be great for organizing forum sections :)

Quote from: Yoshi on July 20, 2013, 04:28:22 AM
What would you do with the other categories? I like the feature though, but not sure if it is efficient.

I think he means to be able to select more than one category to be in the same tab. So other categories would be in their own tab like they normally would.

I would love that feature too as it would do wonders looks/organization wise.

And if you really want to go the full mile, I suggest making tabs be independent of categories all together. You would go to the tabs configuration page, create a new tab and then select what categories and forums would appear under the tab. Check this out [nofollow]. At first it might seem abit disorganized, but it really does give the user a lot more control and freedom with how the tab looks and functions.

Dylert

Quote from: Scareface on July 13, 2013, 11:10:15 AM
Edited this a little bit to my style :P

Wow! That's great! Can you pleasetell us how you did it? :)

NanoSector

Quote from: Decompiler on August 13, 2013, 08:12:58 AM

I think he means to be able to select more than one category to be in the same tab. So other categories would be in their own tab like they normally would.

And if you really want to go the full mile, I suggest making tabs be independent of categories all together. You would go to the tabs configuration page, create a new tab and then select what categories and forums would appear under the tab. Check this out. At first it might seem abit disorganized, but it really does give the user a lot more control and freedom with how the tab looks and functions.
That sounds like a nice feature. How does keeping this current package sound, with a package that provides that feature separately available?

Decompiler

Quote from: Yoshi on August 14, 2013, 04:12:59 AMThat sounds like a nice feature. How does keeping this current package sound, with a package that provides that feature separately available?

That sounds good from a user's standpoint. But then you'll end up with more than one package that needs to be updated and so on, so you'll have to decide if it's worth it.

NanoSector

It's definitely worth it if users want the choice :)

Decompiler

Well we definitely do want to have the choice. Get to work!  :laugh:

Burke ♞ Knight

Rebekka

Excelent mod , really great but I have a small problem. Sometimes when I refresh forum, tabs don't show in right way and evertyhing got mixed up, can I know where is the problem ? If I'm gonna refresh it will be back, but sometimes goes mixed.

I'm using default smf theme.

Utech22

When will be the update for smf 2.0.5?

NanoSector

Quote from: Utech22 on August 22, 2013, 10:46:20 PM
When will be the update for smf 2.0.5?
This mod should work just fine on 2.0.5.

Quote from: Rebekka on August 21, 2013, 08:45:21 AM
Excelent mod , really great but I have a small problem. Sometimes when I refresh forum, tabs don't show in right way and evertyhing got mixed up, can I know where is the problem ? If I'm gonna refresh it will be back, but sometimes goes mixed.

I'm using default smf theme.
Do you have a link to your forum? I can't reproduce it myself.

NIAB

Quote from: Yoshi on August 14, 2013, 04:12:59 AM
Quote from: Decompiler on August 13, 2013, 08:12:58 AM

And if you really want to go the full mile, I suggest making tabs be independent of categories all together. You would go to the tabs configuration page, create a new tab and then select what categories and forums would appear under the tab. Check this out. At first it might seem abit disorganized, but it really does give the user a lot more control and freedom with how the tab looks and functions.
That sounds like a nice feature. How does keeping this current package sound, with a package that provides that feature separately available?

Sorry about the late reply. Thanks for answering sir.

I'd love any package that supported what Im after lol. I want tabs, how you have them but so I can select certain categories for one tab, and then others for another.. and so on. Its an excellent mod as is. Im just after that little extra :)

Heres a (really) basic example of what I mean..

http://i.imgur.com/8Ul2Eqe.png

To make things perfect, it'd be pretty cool to have multiple tabbed sections. But, that is up to you :)

DeroZ

Quote from: ChalkCat on July 14, 2013, 07:17:10 AM
Curious... I've just installed this on my test forum and look what it's done.  Same in my custom theme and the default theme...  I'm guessing it's a mod conflict but I've no idea right now which mod it might be, I have a few....  :P

same problem here  :-\

electricwildflower

Couple of Questions for you.

1. I was thinking of separating my forums into two sections 1 for the music side of my website which is the main forum and the other side is a general forum which features everything else people can generally chat about. This would make the forums look cleaner and less clutter. Would the tabs mod work well for the way i want it,

2. Like a few other people i have a problem it installed fine through package manager to my test forum but looking at the forum index it looks off on all themes i have added a screen shot below.

Thanks

Advertisement: