News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tabbed Categories

Started by NanoSector, June 16, 2013, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Do you guys have any mods installed which modify the board index? And did you get any errors upon install?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

electricwildflower

Mine has seemed to start working fine now after i manually inserted all the code. Then i uploaded the mod and tried to uninstall which it worked fine then re installed using the mod and it came out fine. Although it does come out like the below screenshot on the blackstorm theme and looks fine on the default curve theme,

NanoSector

So, does it work or doesn't it? ???
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

electricwildflower

I might of worded that wrong sorry anyway it works fine but apart from the screen shot i added it looks out of place with the colours etc. Anyway for me to sort this out ?

NIAB

Would it be possible to choose which categories are tabbed with an array?

FooToo

Cant seem to get this to work, the edit works but it may be a javascript conflict issue?

Using Curve as a base for a theme fyi.

Any help is appreciated!

kingkingston

Quote from: FooToo on October 13, 2013, 11:30:44 PM
Cant seem to get this to work, the edit works but it may be a javascript conflict issue?

Using Curve as a base for a theme fyi.

Any help is appreciated!
how many categories do you have on your forum ?

a link to your site might help as well

FooToo

Quote from: kingkingston on October 14, 2013, 02:50:00 AM
how many categories do you have on your forum ?

a link to your site might help as well

9 Categories

www.manncotrading.com is the site

NanoSector

Do you have the mod installed there? Looking at the source it doesn't seem so.

FooToo

not currently no.
I believe my board index is having some JavaScript jqeury conflict issues.

luuuciano

Here a little modification, to avoid conflicts

<script type="text/javascript">
//
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function ($)
{
$("#category_tabs").tabs();
$(".ui-tabs-panel").css("padding","0px");
$(".ui-widget-header").addClass("catbg").removeClass("ui-widget-header");
});
//]]]]>>
</script>';

BTW, there is no way to avoid the jump on each tab change? the page jumps to that category, because the # anchor... it looks bad... (it is like a little bump down, you have to go up each time...)

Or maybe I was missing something... and seeing it bad...?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Dylert

Quote from: Scareface on July 13, 2013, 11:10:15 AM
Edited this a little bit to my style :P

How did you make this? Very nice! :)

NanoSector

Quote from: luuuciano on October 24, 2013, 11:03:01 PM
Here a little modification, to avoid conflicts

<script type="text/javascript">
//
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function ($)
{
$("#category_tabs").tabs();
$(".ui-tabs-panel").css("padding","0px");
$(".ui-widget-header").addClass("catbg").removeClass("ui-widget-header");
});
//]]]]>>
</script>';

BTW, there is no way to avoid the jump on each tab change? the page jumps to that category, because the # anchor... it looks bad... (it is like a little bump down, you have to go up each time...)

Or maybe I was missing something... and seeing it bad...?
I don't think there is a way, no. The tab switching and all is handled completely by jQuery, I am not influencing that.

luuuciano

Quote from: Yoshi on October 25, 2013, 08:27:19 PM
I don't think there is a way, no. The tab switching and all is handled completely by jQuery, I am not influencing that.

So... when you click on tabs you see that bump down too?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

NanoSector

I don't get the bump on various sites that have the mod installed no. Have you changed anything?

luuuciano

Quote from: Yoshi on October 26, 2013, 08:23:01 AM
I don't get the bump on various sites that have the mod installed no. Have you changed anything?

Not really... the only change was the noConflict thing...

I was looking that it is based on this... http://jqueryui.com/tabs/ on that example works ok... no bump, no "url anchor"

But look here: http://cba.b.ikers.com.ar/index.php?action=forum

I do not know why the url changes when you clic over tabs, like regular links... so it bumps to the div ID of each tab, like an url anchor...

Solved! I was forcing the use of an old jquery-ui, that had the $browser not defined issue... changed it to the latest one, and it works!

Thanks a lot, nice mod!

edit: using the latest jqueryui now I have conflicts with the adsense codes... lol... a new battle is coming...

NanoSector

Glad you got it solved in the end :)

Kindred

hmmm...   I'm finally gettng around to looking at this mod.

I like the idea. I even like the implementation.

I *HATE* the use of the CDN and the addition of so much complicated and overnamed CSS. :(

Most of my sites run a dark theme...   which means that the base install looks utterly horrendous.
Some of those sites allow the users to choose between themes, which means that every single theme needs to be custom coded with new CSS. :(

I wish that the CSS for this was internal and used the existing SMF standards (so when it gets installed into a theme, it inherited the theme standard borders and colors and tab styles...

Yes, I am grumbling...   I can correct all that, but it's gonna take me days of work tracking down and replacing styles which is more work than I really want to put in right now. :(
As I said, it's a good mod...  It just requires a fairly massive amount of manual CSS and coding to make it work on anything except for the default.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

The JS assures that the catbg class gets applied to the tabs.

As for the CDN thing, you can grab the CSS, throw it on the server, edit it and then modify the tag that includes it to point to the new path. Not big of a deal.

The point is I have no control over what jQuery UI will output. Using a browser dev tool and jQuery to spice up the controls a bit is the best I can do.

Kindred

yeah....   as I said: grumbling (and days of work, with me being lazy)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: