Need serious help getting my forum's blogs to work. {Not Working at ALL!}

Started by wynnyelle, June 28, 2013, 02:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

AutoEnable Blog on Creation:

Open the files /Themes/default/PmxBlogSettings.template.php in a editor (like notepad++)
find on line 128:

<input class="check" name="blogenabled" type="checkbox" value="1"', isBlogEnabled() ? ' checked="checked"': '', ' />

replace with:

<input class="check" name="blogenabled" type="checkbox" value="1"', isBlogEnabled() || empty($context['PmxBlog']['blogexist']) ? ' checked="checked"': '', ' />

Now the blog is enabled if you click on Save

wynnyelle

Thank you so much! :) I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

wynnyelle

People still complaining that their blogs are not activated.

It needs to function so that they don't have to hit Save for it to be activated. They are getting stuck on this. Help needed.

Thanks!

feline

Sorry, but your peoples are a little bit splendid ...
ANY Page on where you have to put in Informations must active SAVED.

live627

Quote from: Groovystar on July 10, 2013, 08:56:02 AM
People still complaining that their blogs are not activated.

It needs to function so that they don't have to hit Save for it to be activated. They are getting stuck on this. Help needed.

Thanks!
PmxBlogSettiings.php

Find'blogenabled' => 0,

Replace with'blogenabled' => 1,

feline

*lol* .. with this, you can't never disable any blog  :P
Bad idea ...

wynnyelle

To Feline: I treat my members as my customers, to be catered to, regardless of what kinds of difficulties they have using my site, if they are commonly having a difficulty then I can either address it, and make things easier for them, or not address it, and potentially lose their interest and they leave the site altogether, or at least use it less.

I lose members? That's my loss. I make the site easier and less frustrating for them? That's my gain--and theirs too.

Besides which, the intelligence of my members has nothing to do with my requests here. I'm not asking for opinions on my member base, I'm asking for help with the blogs. I appreciate your help you have given so far, but please--I ask again that you be polite.

...I agree that making blogs unable to be closed would be bad--players on my site do need to be able to shut them down if and when they wish to.

Thank you again to everyone trying to help here.

live627

wynnyelle

...I see this situation is struggling to move forward. Would it help if I attached any related files with this code? If so just let me know which ones.

feline

wynnyelle

Special thanks for everyone on here who contributed to this.

The blogs do appear to be starting up correctly.

Now, onto the next step...

This is going to involve the Ultimate Profile ability of members to dress their profiles in a custom skin they make, using CSS code. I want them to be able to do the exact same thing for their blogs. If you need me to I can provide any files or info you ask for, to the best of my ability.

wynnyelle

The blogs are not working at all. I need some help here. I do not know how to fix it.

They keep getting a database error when they click on Create a blog. Here

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?topic=1204895.msg50753067#new

and

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?topic=1215719.new#new

Advertisement: