News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can I delete the forum area of a theme?

Started by CheeseHead05, July 22, 2013, 11:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheeseHead05

Is there a possible way to delete the forum area of a theme? I plan on installing and only using the smf gallery mod.

Deaks

the forum area of a theme ....

so you pretty much want to use smf just for the gallery mod?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

CheeseHead05

Yes, as I have already installed 4 other smf forums.

Kindred

You would have to hack up the code in boardindex.template and probably several other files...

However, your statement makes no sense...

You hva einstaled 4 other SMF forums?
So what?
What does one foum have to do with the other and what do any of the previous installs have to do with this one?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CheeseHead05

To let RUNIC know that I have already installed some forums (read his statement) and that this last forum I want to only have a gallery.

Kindred

If you only want a gallery, why don't you use a gallery software rather than trying to make smf into something it is not supposed to be?

And sorry, but even re-reading Runic's question, your response makes no sense.
Again, what difference does it make if you have installed 4 or 400 forums? For this one you want to, essentially gut it and use only a gallery mod, which is intended as an add-on to the forum software. Instead of doing somethign silly like that, if all you want is a gallery, then use a gallery.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CheeseHead05

Well Kindred, tell me step by step how to go about it then we can solve this problem.

Sir Osis of Liver

Wondering if you could do that by tinkering with the $actionArray in index.php.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on July 23, 2013, 12:20:51 AM
If you only want a gallery, why don't you use a gallery software rather than trying to make smf into something it is not supposed to be?

Coppermine, Menalto Gallery2 or any of a dozen others....
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

Kindred,

I am using godaddy at the present moment, and those two are not an option to install. That's y I asked my question..Godaddy is limited to the "outside world".

Deaks

Cheesehead, you could download one of them options and install it yourself even on godaddy that should be possible.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

CheeseHead05

Kindred and Runic,

Yea im on the site now, Im assuming that they are smf galleries by the look of things. But in Coppermine, where are the sample galleries, would be nice to know what you will be working with.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

CheeseHead05

Thanks Runic, but let me ask you this, can the galleries be customized in ways like these here forums?

Deaks

you mean different themes etc ... last time I used coppermine you could, granted that was many years ago but I cant see them changing it.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

CheeseHead05

Guess it wont hurt to join the community and see what all can I do to this, so you know anything on the other site that Kindred named?

Deaks

Gallery2 also used it a few times, Oldiesmann is the best person to ask about Gellery2 :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

CheeseHead05

Thanks friend, I made a thread so hopefully I can get a nice ammount of comments/suggestions. Thanks for your help tho  :)

Deaks

no problem happy to help :)

Ill mark this as solved
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kindred

my favorite standalone gallery was Menalto Gallery2. It had some killer themes...

I haven't used Coppermine in almost a decade... but when I did use it, it was pretty clean and also supproted theming (plus they use SMF!)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: