News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Subscriptions ....

Started by RFD, August 06, 2013, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Can you check your database in the smf_subscriptions table and see if there is just the subscription you have set up?
I have the feeling something wrong happened somewhere at some point...
And while you are at it, check that the field "length" is "365D".

Also:
http://i.imgur.com/aXMTSX0.png
You are sending an email with as text (or subject, not sure) an email address to your members when the subscription is successful. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

RFD

Quote from: emanuele on August 09, 2013, 05:09:45 PM
....  Also:
http://i.imgur.com/aXMTSX0.png
You are sending an email with as text (or subject, not sure) an email address to your members when the subscription is successful. ;)

hah!  how dumb of me ... all fixed.

emanuele

"all fixed" you mean the email or also the issue?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

RFD

the email - the pp "recurring subscription" is still a bug.

emanuele

Considering it is working here (even too well since from time to time people ask to interrupt the subscription) it may or may not be a bug.

Can you ask the other question I posted?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

RFD

if you mean this ...

"Can you check your database in the smf_subscriptions table and see if there is just the subscription you have set up?
I have the feeling something wrong happened somewhere at some point...
And while you are at it, check that the field "length" is "365D"."

i have no clue what yer talking about, sorry.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you try changing subscription length to 1 year?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

RFD

Quote from: Krash. on August 12, 2013, 02:47:26 PM

Did you try changing subscription length to 1 year?

yes.  same problem. 

Sir Osis of Liver

Leave the existing subscription and set up a new one with same settings and try that.  Ema is suggesting that something may be wrong with the existing settings in the database.  If that doesn't work, delete all subs and set up a new one.  That may clear a db glitch. 

You can access your db with phpmyadmin via your host control panel, and see what's actually in smf_subscriptions, which is what ema suggested. 

You can also edit Subscriptions-PayPal.php to echo the values it's posting to PP for $return_data['hidden']['a3'], $return_data['hidden']['p3'], and $return_data['hidden']['t3'].  One of them is not being accepted by PP.

- R. Waters

emanuele

More than echo'ing it may be better to use log_error and have them in the error log. :P

If you need any help "on-site" let me know. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: emanuele on August 12, 2013, 03:45:32 PM
More than echo'ing it may be better to use log_error and have them in the error log. :P

Don't think that will work, as the error is on the PayPal end.  Paid Subs doesn't usually log an error until it receives an IPN, and that's not happening here.  SMF thinks everything is fine when it posts the info, but  IPN is not sent because transaction fails at PP. 

- R. Waters

RFD

the subs works fine as long as i keep the 'recurring subs' switch off.  i installed smf per the smf install instructions.  i've done smf installs many many times in the past, all worked fine without a hitch.  as before, this latest version installation went perfectly, with no issues or errors.  i dunno what the deal is with the 'recurring subs', where the problem lies, but i just don't have much more time to spend on this.  it works as is (with the switch off) and that's all i need to get this thing rolling.  thanx for all yer help, folks.  much obliged.

Arantor

Well, the original problem is actually that you'd misconfigured it. PayPal does not accept 365 days as a subscription length. As per https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables/#id08A6HI00JQU

It's complaining about an invalid a3/p3/t3 and that's correct:

QuoteD – for days; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 90
W – for weeks; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 52
M – for months; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 24
Y – for years; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 5

So yeah, 365 days won't be valid. I'm thinking we should probably restrict these values in SMF because even though there's other payment processors, the same restrictions probably apply.

EDIT: Tracked as https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/1274 so moving this to resolved so we can focus on what needs resolution.

Advertisement: