SMF 1.1.19 and 2.0.6 critical security patches released

Started by Illori, October 21, 2013, 10:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.

Fat_Man

Thank you...
makes it so much better when its click, update.. everything is upgraded easily.

Alchemist

I just got around to the  2.0.5 to 2.0.6 update, and it fails on Subs-Members.php.  So I downloaded the 2.0.6 zip file, unpacked it and installed the Subs-Member.php file into my live Sources directory.
Next I ran the forum maintenance function "Check all files against current versions" and it tells me that my Subs-Members.php file is still incorrect.

Where is the correct version of Subs-Members.php?

Arantor

The correct version of Subs-Members.php is 2.0.6, but the version from the 2.0.6 packages for some reason still says 2.0.1 even though the file is otherwise correct.

The problem is now you have damaged mods; any mod that modified Subs-Members.php (which is what caused the update to fail) has now had its code removed and will now fail to uninstall and likely fail to work properly anyway.

Kindred

Also please note the line from the intitial post (which is the same for EVERY announcemnt of an update release)

Quote from: Illori on October 21, 2013, 10:18:01 AM
Please do not use this topic for support requests.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SwedishMarch1964

How did SMF 2.0.6 come out so soon after version 2.0.5?
Go to http://photobucket.com

The easy way to upload your avatar. Just click the direct link.

Arantor

You mean *two months after*?

It came out because we were advised of issues that needed fixing, simple as that. We get told of issues, we fix them.

NoobDeveloper

Great work guys....You rock. Sorry for posting this late :)

Dennis2

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I did try to search aswell.

Recently the Administrators upgraded our Forum from SMF 1.1.18 to SMF 2.0.6 and since then we have two pairs of identical members apart from their ID number.

Is this a SMF 2 problem or is it due to our Database, as a Moderator I do not have access to certain areas so did not feel I could post in the Support boards.

Thank you

Dennis

Arantor

Well, it will be unrelated to this update (this is about 1.1.18 -> 1.1.19, and 2.0.5 -> 2.0.6), you should ask your site's administrator to sign up and post in either the 2.0 support area or the Installing and Upgrading area...

This topic is not really for support, though...

Advertisement: