News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

vBulletin 3.5 converter errors

Started by B3aker, August 18, 2013, 05:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

From phpmyadmin, export ONLY the structure of the tables. Be careful, only the structure, not the data!
You can select what you want to export from phpmyadmin by clicking "custom" in the export screen.
If you are unsure send it to me by PM.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Got a different error this time.

QuoteConverting poll votes...
Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

WHERE pm.folderid != '-1'
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE pm.folderid != '-1'
    LIMIT 0, 500' at line 1
PSX4Central Since 1999, quite possibly the oldest PlayStation Community on the net

B3aker

Tried to run the converter again. Still same issue. emanuelle, want to see the structure of my tables? Let me know and I'll PM it to you. Thanks!
PSX4Central Since 1999, quite possibly the oldest PlayStation Community on the net

emanuele

It seems you removed part of the query or added some semi colon somewhere in the query. ;)

Sorry for the late answer, I was not frequently on-line these days...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Quote from: emanuele on August 30, 2013, 10:11:30 AM
It seems you removed part of the query or added some semi colon somewhere in the query. ;)

Sorry for the late answer, I was not frequently on-line these days...

Wait. I'm confused. I'm not a programmer. Dunno where I could have messed up (the code is all greek to me :( though I am slowly learning :) ). This is the code from the SQL file for Step 2.

Quote/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting personal messages (step 2)...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}pm_recipients;

---* {$to_prefix}pm_recipients
SELECT
   pm.pmid AS id_pm, pm.userid AS id_member,
   '-1' AS labels
FROM {$from_prefix}pm AS pm;
WHERE pm.folderid != '-1';

emanuele

Yep, remove the semicolon at the end of this line:
FROM {$from_prefix}pm AS pm;

The final code should look like:
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting personal messages (step 2)...

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}pm_recipients;

---* {$to_prefix}pm_recipients
SELECT
   pm.pmid AS id_pm, pm.userid AS id_member,
   '-1' AS labels
FROM {$from_prefix}pm AS pm
WHERE pm.folderid != '-1';

;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Aha. Success....sorta. Got past the personal messages. Now have this error

QuoteConverting personal messages (step 1)...
Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting smileys...
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/content/79/11133879/html/forum/convert.php(1091) : eval()'d code on line 35

emanuele

OMFG this converter is quite broken... >_<

$rows[] = array($code, $name . '.gif, $name, $count);

should be:
$rows[] = array($code, $name . '.gif', $name, $count);

Can't see any other syntax error, let's hope everything else is fine.
When we finish I'll collect all the changes and at least post the file somewhere.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

This one is weird. What does this mean? Never had this before.

QuoteConverting topics...
Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/mysqltmp/#sql_1339_0.MYI'; try to repair it

emanuele

This one is a mysql error, and it seems you have some problem on one of the tables.

Converting topics, so it means one of those involved in the conversion of...topics obviously.
Now, I have no idea if it is vb side or smf side, so you should check all of them and try a repair.

On vb side it may be one of:
* thread
on smf side is topics (I omitted all the prefixes).

To repair you can use phpmyadmin on the page where all the tables are listed, you can selec some (or all, usually is faster :P) and from the dropdown box at the bottom select "repair".

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Went past topics now getting the same error on posts

QuoteConverting posts (this may take some time)...
Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/mysqltmp/#sql_1339_0.MYI'; try to repair it

emanuele

Are you working on a "live" database (i.e. the vb one is the one your forum is actively using)?
If so it may be some problem with the multiple accesses to tables and maybe a spike of traffic.
In any case you should work on a "backup" for testing and do the conversion of the live site only when you want to move and putting the site in some kind of maintenance mode (dunno the vb equivalent) in order to avoid changes in the db while converting (that would cause inconsistency of the data).

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Quote from: emanuele on September 01, 2013, 04:20:55 PM
Are you working on a "live" database (i.e. the vb one is the one your forum is actively using)?
If so it may be some problem with the multiple accesses to tables and maybe a spike of traffic.
In any case you should work on a "backup" for testing and do the conversion of the live site only when you want to move and putting the site in some kind of maintenance mode (dunno the vb equivalent) in order to avoid changes in the db while converting (that would cause inconsistency of the data).

I'm using a completely different database that is not live. What I did is copy the vbulletin folder (was mydomain.com/forums) and renamed the duplicate folder forums2 and have been using that for the conversion process. I then used an older SQL (the one the original owner of the site gave me) file and imported it in a completely different database. I then installed the SMF forum to a new name (named it forum). The vBulletin forum that is currently live has been corrupted (database and tables are a mess) since I assumed ownership so I decided to start from scratch for the conversion on a new database that is not active with the original database. The plan is to then redirect to the new SMF board. We'll lose a month or two worth of posts but the site doesn't get that much traffic so it really isn't a big deal. If any of this makes sense  :)

emanuele

Then it seems that the copy is being corrupted as well. :-S
And that is not very good *at all*...

At that point, I'd be a bit afraid of using the live database for further tests (and to be completely honest I'd have some doubts on using the host for my site as well). What I would do is use a "local" (i.e. on your computer) server to continue the test. You can install xampp or alternatives (see "localhost webservers" in the first message of this topic) and have everything ready with just a couple of clicks.
Then, when you are sure the converter works, you can do the conversion "live", so data won't be broken.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

I downloaded xampp. While I was waiting for it to download and install, for the heck of it, I ran the convert.php again just to see if the error popped up again with mysql. Went right through without a problem (perhaps it could have been a hiccup with GoDaddy?). I hit this error. What are your thoughts? Should I just go ahead with xampp?

QuoteConverting topic notifications...
Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting smileys...
Warning: array_combine() [function.array-combine]: Both parameters should have an equal number of elements in /home/content/79/11133879/html/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 627
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: variable

emanuele

sigh...

Find this line:
convert_insert('smileys', array('variable', 'value'), $rows, 'replace');

and change it to:
convert_insert('smileys', array('code', 'filename', 'description', 'smiley_order'), $rows, 'replace');

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Quote from: emanuele on September 04, 2013, 08:03:01 AM
sigh...

Look on the bright side. I've had every error known to man for vBulletin. Should be able to help out anyone who has any type of problem :)

Anyway, got a lot further this time. Looks like I'm toward the end. Got this error when converting avatars.

QuoteConverting attachments...
Successful.
Converting avatars...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: filename

emanuele

Good news is the last step. YAY!

Not so good news, I'm not sure why it returns this error...

Can you check the vb database, table customavatar and verify if a column "filename" exists?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

B3aker

Quote from: emanuele on September 04, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
Good news is the last step. YAY!

Not so good news, I'm not sure why it returns this error...

Can you check the vb database, table customavatar and verify if a column "filename" exists?

I see a column that is named filename. It then says in order from right to left, type "varchar(100)", collation "latin1_swedish_ci", attributes nothing listed, Null "Yes", Default "NULL". Hope that helps :)

Advertisement: