Conversion from PunBB 1.4 missing a few things...

Started by Federer Photography, August 28, 2013, 04:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Federer Photography

The conversion appears to go smoothly.  I get all categories and forums and posts.

All users come across as well.  However, no passwords come across.  The ACL's don't appear to come across for forums either -- (my source PunBB forum has some forums where are only viewable by certain members and not the public)

I've looked and found this topic on the subject: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=483710.0

However, I am unsure how to use the posted LogInOut.php file  (I've tried putting it in the base of both the punBB and SMF forum paths) though it seems no one else has reported success either, so I'm not sure it works anyway.

I should note that after conversion, I do not see an error log nor an update.php file in the SMF base directory.  I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or if this is normal.

Help?

Federer Photography

Anyone know of a way I can get working usernames/passwords transferred across?   That's kind of a deal-breaker for me. 

mentalist

IIRC the password in pubBB is encryted via:
sha1($salt . sha1($password));
You'd need to edit the file Sources/LogInOut.php with a text editor..
find:
$other_passwords = array();
add after:
$other_passwords[] = sha1($user_settings['password_salt'] . sha1($_POST['passwrd']));

Federer Photography

Thank you for your response.

The punbb installation does not have a "sources" directory.

I'm unable to find a "LogInOut.php" file anywhere in the source forum (punBB) install.

I did locate a LogInOut.php file on this site somewhere, made the modification you suggested, and placed that in the base of the punBB install.

I ran the convert and got the same results as before -- content transfered, usernames transfered... passwords did not.

Help?

mentalist

nah, not punBB..  ;) That's an SMF file which needs to be patched. SMF can read the old passwords but needs to know about the encryption.

Federer Photography

Bingo!  Thanks!!!  Modifying the LogInOut.php file in the Sources directory of the target smf install worked perfectly!

marg edit: marked as solved

Advertisement: