Insipid [Premium]

Started by Gatlin1, September 01, 2013, 10:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

in-sip-id

Adjective
1. without distinctive, interesting, or stimulating qualities; vapid: an insipid personality.
2. without sufficient taste to be pleasing, as food or drink; bland: a rather insipid soup.

Insipid - SMF 2.0.4 / 2.0.5

The name speaks for itself. It took a lot of time/work to arrive at this bland, boring destination. Insipid was created with flat colors and plain, static images.
The normal main_block.png, menu_gfx.png, submit.png, backdrop.png and frame_repeat.png images have been left out and replaced with css respectfully.
Custom, linked header and footer images can be activated/deactivated in the Admin CP as needed, simply by adding or removing URL's. Psd's will be included.

Still a few icons to design, text/link colors and sizes to be considered and adjustments to be made for cross-browser and portal compatibility.

Live Demo

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Mick.

Arantor

Interesting choice of name, I'm presuming it's ironic? (There's nothing particularly insipid about that colour scheme.)

Shambles

Well, I'm a fastidious S.O.A.B but there's nothing wrong at all with that blend of colours; it isn't bland nor are the colours "flat".

I like it too.

ARG01

Quote from: Arantor on September 01, 2013, 12:01:22 PM
Interesting choice of name, I'm presuming it's ironic? (There's nothing particularly insipid about that colour scheme.)

Perhaps the name is a bit ironic. When I started it was a pale blue with various gray tones. It was looking a bit too insipid so I added more color at the last minute.

As far as "flat", I was going for a meaning of non-gradient and no corner radii.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Arantor

I like the name and I like the look :)

Antes

Four buttons on the top right side reminds me Windows 8 :P Very luvly!

Arantor

Fun fact: before Windows 8, back in IE 8 I believe it was, was a thing called Webslices, a very clear forerunner to the tiles look. Bonus fact: SMF 2.x actually has code to support it but it was never finished (for the obvious reason that no-one was interested in it back then)

rd

Looks good ARG but I'm a bit concerned about a lot of your themes becoming too boxy :P trying out a new style?

This definitely reminds me of Windows 8.

ARG01

QuoteLooks good ARG but I'm a bit concerned about a lot of your themes becoming too boxy...

That was the point of this theme, a plain, simple, uncluttered design but still with a few perks. One good thing about this design is that with a few simple css changes the colors can be changed to fit anyone's needs.
However, I am making a second version with slight corner radii, larger text and simple color tones to suit those with vision impairments. The trick is coming up with the proper color palette. Since I have 20/20 vision I have no idea what colors would be best? 

Diego Andrés

I like it, I've already seen something similar, but this have more features and its a great work.

Regards

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

ARG01

Thanks Diego. I noticed the Metro theme on your demo site. Funny thing is that I got the idea for this design from a phPBB theme named Metro:D

Diego Andrés

Quote from: ARG on September 01, 2013, 04:34:21 PM
Thanks Diego. I noticed the Metro theme on your demo site. Funny thing is that I got the idea for this design from a phPBB theme named Metro:D

Yes, that theme isn't mine, and it was from the same design, that's why I said yours looks more complete, by far that design on my demo is not very attractive.

Regards!

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

ARG01

rd

I like the new version of this theme better. Very professional looking and the color choice is excellent.

Advertisement: