News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Fanfics System

Started by Tokzu, September 19, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokzu

New version of FFSystem with the following changes:

* Optimized code.
* Now the users must have the "delete_fanfics" permission for delete chapters.
! Fixed the error when searching fanfics.
! Fixed the error when accessing a chapter from the "Edit Story" screen.
! Fixed error when a chapter is saved and some of the text is missing.
! Fixed error when the use of BBC is disabled but in the story the BBC is still parsed
+ Added fanfics action in "Who's online".
+ Added support for img tag.

Plus the online manual for answer all your questions.  ;)

Quote from: wynnyelle on February 23, 2014, 08:57:43 AMHi I am installing this but it doesn't let you put stories in the main categories only subs. Can you fix this?

Please read here.
"I don't need a knight in a shinny armor, I need a angel in a trench coat"

My mods:

wynnyelle

It has been a few days since I paid my $50 to you to purchase the full version of this mod, and I have not received anything. No email, no code, no response. I sent you a PM on this site, an email and you should have received a Paypal notice.

Please assist. Thank you.

NekoJonez

Looking to the profile... She has been online last since 10th of March.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Kindred

also, any financial stuff happened off this site so it would be best to follow up on Tokzu's own site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tokzu

Quote from: wynnyelle on March 29, 2014, 10:18:27 AM
It has been a few days since I paid my $50 to you to purchase the full version of this mod, and I have not received anything. No email, no code, no response. I sent you a PM on this site, an email and you should have received a Paypal notice.

Please assist. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay (my computer has gone to the Great Motherboard in the Heavens U_U). I've sent you the mod.

My mods:

JoliePittOnline

My forum's main draw are the fanfics written by our members. I installed it and had a typo when I created a category. When I tried to edit it (or delete it) I had a 501 error that can be attributed to mod_security settings from my host. I did try to do the other option as per the SMF wiki but that didn't work. I'm waiting for a response from my host and then try to re-install this mod. I'd love to have this on my forum.

Kindred

You could always edit the category name directly in mySQL....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JoliePittOnline

Thank you Kindred for the tip. I'll try that. The thing is the Gallery mod I installed on the forum also had the same error so hopefully it's something that my host can fix for me. :)

Tokzu

New update!!! Fixed a problem with the uninstallation and modification in the "About" page. Now we have website and wiki. ;D Link in the main message.

My mods:

Kimmie

Just installed this mod. Seems to be working ok however when I view a story (example I am testing out is just a short limerick), this is what the page looks like. Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I typed it in, I didn't select any specific font or size, etc. It shows up this way using Chrome, Opera and IE, and also shows up to guests like this.

Tokzu

Can you please write the url of your forum?

My mods:

Kimmie

Quote from: Tokzu on October 05, 2014, 02:09:11 PM
Can you please write the url of your forum?

Sent in a pm. Thanks for the quick response.

Tokzu

ok, I see the problem. FFSystem only allows the following BBC tags: b, br, center, code, hr, i, justify, left, li, ltr, ol, quote, right, rtl, s, sub, sup, table, img, td, tr and u.

And on your text you're using size and font. If you want to allow the same tags you're enabled on your forum, you need to change the Fanfics_parse_bbc function (on FanficsBasic.php):

Code (Search for) Select
function Fanfics_parse_bbc($message)
{
global $txt, $context, $modSettings, $smcFunc;

Code (Replace with) Select
function Fanfics_parse_bbc($message)
{
parse_bbc($message);

return;
global $txt, $context, $modSettings, $smcFunc;

My mods:

Kimmie

I am not using any special font on it. As you can see, I don't even have the option to select any font. All I did was simply copy and paste the limerick into the box and submit it. Perhaps that is the font the webpage uses that I copied it from. If so, that may be something you want to address in the next update so that the change I am about to make in my code will already be made for others. :). Thanks for this mod, it looks like several of my members are going to like using it once we get it all set up.

EDIT: I made the change and now the story isn't showing up at all

EDIT #2 (sorry..lol). I reverted back to the original php file and had someone else write something by "hand typing it". Copying and pasting does seem to be the problem. Hers is fine but mine still has the messed up code on it.

Tokzu

Yes, the font and size tags were copied together the text. I'm thinking about change the WYSIWYG editor to the SMF default to avoid this kind of problems (and it will reduce considerably the size of the package and the extra steps on the uninstallation =P). :laugh:

My mods:

Kimmie

I updated my post a couple of times so you may have missed those edits. For now I will make sure nobody copies and pastes that they hand type everything in :).

Mollerz

Quote from: Tokzu on October 05, 2014, 06:27:53 PM
Yes, the font and size tags were copied together the text. I'm thinking about change the WYSIWYG editor to the SMF default to avoid this kind of problems (and it will reduce considerably the size of the package and the extra steps on the uninstallation =P). :laugh:

Just started using your software. Awesome stuff. If it takes off I will definitely get a license (once I open it up to donations to keep it open). In the meantime, I think you'd avoid future issues by doing thatchange.

thanks so much!

Mollerz

Quote from: Kimmie on October 05, 2014, 06:29:26 PM
I updated my post a couple of times so you may have missed those edits. For now I will make sure nobody copies and pastes that they hand type everything in :).

I wouldn't recommend that! Just in case their session messes up.. it would suck to lose a lot of writing to that. There is a good workaround to this issue- Feel free to write in your software of choice, but convert/export the content into plain text and copy/paste that into the fan fic software. It will be free of HTML tags that show up when they post it that way.

ProTip: I set up a fan fic story outlining this workaround for my users so they can see it and utilize it.

skatoulaki

Hello, I installed the FanFics System mod and I'm getting a 501 error when I try to modify anything or click on a story to read it.

I get this error:

Method Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My forum is located at hxxp:agentsofshield.99shadows.com [nonactive]

Kindred

I suggest that you check with your host...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: