News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Open vaughnlive window on Smf

Started by homebrewdave, October 15, 2013, 08:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homebrewdave

Hi all

what I have done is built a music casters page on our SMF forum, Some Members that are on JTV and vaughnlive.

So JTV http//address open fine in a window / screen, but vaughnlive all I can do it get the http//address on the page and you click it and it goes there.

But I like it to open as a window/ screen on the page so does anyone know how to do this or is there a MOD out there that can do this??  download..

cheers
Dave

Kindred

you'll have to be a heck of a lot more descriptive... because I read your post 5 times and I still have absoltuely no idea what you are talking about or what you are even trying to do...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

homebrewdave

ok sorry I don't know what its called.

On a forum page, I like the vaughnlive email address to open on the page in a window / screen, see attachments

say-

www.vaughnlive.tv/

youtube and JTV work fine

Kindred

I still have no idea what you mean by "open the page in a screen"

Do you mean open a new window? Or do you mean display the mini-player in the message?

Do you have some sort of mod used to display youtube?
because, by default SMF does not include ANY mini-player support.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

So you mean embed a player in a post? Like youtube, dailymotion, etc?

AEVA has (IIRC) an option for you to manually add new sources to it. But I've never used it...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

homebrewdave

yes to Embedding a vaughnlive address, I don't think it cant be done, maybe some thing to do with flash?

margarett

If you already embed youtube videos, you already have a MOD to do so. Maybe ask this MOD's author if he can look into it?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

homebrewdave

its Aeva Media
I think its been No support for some time as they have gone to Wedge.
says over 200 sites maybe vaughnlive is not one of them.

margarett

Quote from: margarett on October 15, 2013, 03:04:18 PM
AEVA has (IIRC) an option for you to manually add new sources to it. But I've never used it...
;)

Kindred

it would seem that no, vaughnlive is not one... and you are correct that there is no official support for aeva media.
That being said, there are instructions in the first post of the support thread on adding your own custom sites.

Finally...   it is important to provide INFORMATION when you want help.
We literally had to drag it out of you that you were using aeva...   if you had said that in the first place, I would have pointed you to the first post of the aeva support thread right away...

Слaва
Украинi

homebrewdave

yes your right very sorry about that.

found the list in aeva media with a around 200 sites but cant find a way to manually add new sources in too aeva media player.

margarett

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.0#post_post_usage4
I want to get a video site added that you don't support with Aeva. What do I do now?
You can add it yourself, by looking at the file Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php. You will find this file in your ./Sources folder of your forum. Read the help in the file carefully! You will have to have some knowledge of regex (don't ask if you don't know) to add your own sites.
Nao will also do the job for you, but only by payment. Ask him!
Do not edit the Subs-Aeva-Sites.php file where all the other embedded sites originally are added! The file is automatically updated once in a while. Your changes will get deleted! However, you can use that file to see how other embedded sites are coded.

Search, search, search :P
First post of the support topic ;)

homebrewdave

that's what I am using yes 1.4w for the 2.0 smf

how do I manually add new sources to it.

don't think I have that option in any of the  aeva media 1.4w settings.

margarett

Read my quote again. You have to edit a file.

I'm sorry, I can't help you as I've never used AEVA...

Advertisement: