Bot register to My site!!!! OMG

Started by tommoty, October 25, 2013, 06:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommoty

Hi everyone. i just upgrade from 1.1.xx to 2.0.6. After upgrade a lot of bot register to my web. Someone can recommend mod for protect bot. I already setup security picture in register page but bot still can register to my site is www.siamecigclub.com Thanks.

Chalky

a10

The Verification Questions, works immensely well, one or two good questions and the bots are defeated. Of course, not so complex as to stop real members as well!
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

tommoty

Thanks guys
I try to set up Verification Questions but it doesn't work. i don't know why.

br360

In the Configure Verification Methods (same page and right above the Verification questions) there is a "Number of verification questions user must answer"

Did you put in a number there? If you don't put in 1 or 2 (or however many questions you plan to use), it won't work.

tommoty

Quote from: br360 on October 26, 2013, 01:41:44 AM
In the Configure Verification Methods (same page and right above the Verification questions) there is a "Number of verification questions user must answer"

Did you put in a number there? If you don't put in 1 or 2 (or however many questions you plan to use), it won't work.

Yes!! It work. I'm so stupid.
Thank you

br360

Glad you got it figured out; and I highly doubt you're stupid as you are definitely not the first, nor will you be the last to miss that part. ;)

Chalky

Cool  :D  Marking this as solved for now.  If you don't think it is just change it back to not solved and carry on posting  :)

Advertisement: