Can I set an admin to not get new member notifications

Started by cretaceous, November 28, 2013, 10:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cretaceous

Is there a mod where I can specify that an admin does not get new member notifications?

(I set up a forum for someone and need to remain as an admin, but I don't want to know new memberships, the other person gets all that)

thanks

Kindred

no, I don't believe so...  AFAIK, it is either on or off.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chalky

Yep, you can toggle the setting on and off for all admins in Members > Registration > Settings, but you can't select admins to receive the notification if there is more than one.

Chas Large

Why not create a new membergroup with all the permissions of an Administrator and call it something like sub-admin. Create a new account for yourself and make yourself the only member,  then delete your original account but don't complete it, so you can always log back in with that if needed. This way you have Admin control without the notifications.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Kindred

Won't work, chas... The moment you give someone the admin permissions, they get added to the notification group.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cretaceous

thanks  :(
you'd think lots of site admins might want this !

Arantor

In one of the things I'm working on for 2.1, this will be tackled.

But it will be tackled as an opt-out for the user themselves, rather than the admin setting it (since there's options for how the notification can be delivered)

Chas Large

Quote from: Kindred on November 28, 2013, 05:40:33 PM
Won't work, chas... The moment you give someone the admin permissions, they get added to the notification group.
Well I'd have to dispute that K, I have a member who I gave Admin rights to using a "pseudo-admin" membergroup so she too could administer most of the site and she does not get the e-mail notifications that a new member has joined, hence my suggestion.

These are the admin permissions that group gives her.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Illori

as long as the user has the permission "moderate forum members" they will get the emails.

QuoteThis permission includes all important member moderation functions:

access to registration management
    access to the view/delete members screen
    extensive profile info, including track IP/user and (hidden) online status
    activate accounts
    get approval notifications and approve accounts
    immune to ignore PM
    several small things

Chas Large

Quote from: Illori on November 29, 2013, 06:10:13 AM
as long as the user has the permission "moderate forum members" they will get the emails.

QuoteThis permission includes all important member moderation functions:

access to registration management
    access to the view/delete members screen
    extensive profile info, including track IP/user and (hidden) online status
    activate accounts
    get approval notifications and approve accounts
    immune to ignore PM
    several small things
Well she does and she she doesn't. :-\ Odd eh?

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: