News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Packages Dosen't Install

Started by AlbertoRP, December 26, 2013, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertoRP

I have a problem with SMF 2.0.6.

When I upload a package it works perfectly, but at the time of the installation, after clicking install, it does nothing, i charge the web site, but it's in black, and the modification doesn't install.

Kindred

1st... welcome to SMF.

2nd... what do you mean by "it's in black"? What do you mean by "I charge the website"?

3rd... Do you get any errors during the installation process? Do you complete the entire process or just the first screen?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

AlbertoRP

It's mean that the forum dosen't load after i hit Install package.
After i hit, install packege this happens:

And it doesen't install it.

And for last, Thanks ^.^

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

AlbertoRP

WORKED!!!! Thanks so much!

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 09:54:29 AM
Quote from: SoLoGHoST on April 23, 2013, 01:19:02 AM
You can try and use a .htaccess file to overwrite the memory limit, but if the server controls it (which is probably the case, since SMF, I believe tries to set it high enough using ini_set when installing a mod package), than it probably won't work, and you are stuck with the server php memory limit.  Creating a phpinfo.php file, will tell you your php memory limit.
<?php echo phpinfo(); ?>

Alternatively, you could try and up the ini_set value on the php memory_limit when installing packages in SMF (not sure what the current setting is for this), but that might also work, using the ini_set

ini_set('memory_limit','64M');

Of course, this only works for the current operation, so just use it in the actual function that is causing the problem perhaps.

phpinfo() should also tell you if PHP runs in CGI mode or as an Apache module (mod_php).  If CGI mode htaccess won't work, if Apache module, use htaccess to set the php memory limit:

In .htaccess, you can try to add the following:
php_value memory_limit 64M

If you add this and get a 500 Internal Server Error, than you are running PHP in CGI Mode, and should ask the server to up the memory_limit in the php.ini file, or perhaps you can do this yourself.  But if you can't, ask the server to do this.

from further down in this thread, one user claims to have fixed this on his system. We make no claims as to the validity of this fix (reportedly, it works for some)

Code (in /Sources/Class-Package.php) Select

// If we're using this try to get some more memory.
@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

Changing it to 128M fixed the issue with the package manager

Code (in /Source/Admin.php) Select

// Get one of the admin information files from Simple Machines.
function DisplayAdminFile()
{
global $context, $modSettings, $smcFunc;

@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

After changing the value to 128M, the issue was resolved for the admin screens.

Advertisement: