News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Log error full of -> 8192: preg_replace()

Started by Mr_River_Web, January 01, 2014, 05:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_River_Web

Hey, checking my error log i've seen that every page loaded generates 4 entries with this error:

error8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Checking, i've seen that has something to do with the php version running on my server. From my cPanel i can select which version i want to run within these: PHP 5.2.17, PHP 5.3.27, PHP 5.4.20, PHP 5.5.4.

I'ts actually running 5.5.4 (just because i didn't know the differences and it was newer).

What should i do??

shadow82x

Do not use SMF2.0 and php 5.5.x for the time being. It's known issue/bug. Not sure if it will be getting patched in SMF2.0 but it will definitely be fixed in 2.1. So I'd advise going with php 5.4.20. :)

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/459
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Arantor

There is a patch in the works for 2.0 series for this.

Mr_River_Web

Thanks Arantor, but since i can set the php version i see no reason to apply the patch, please correct me if i am wrong.

mcblaber's advice worked perfectly! No more errors!

Thanks guys!

Arantor

Now I remember why I normally ignore the support boards.

I was clarifying the point in mcblaber's post where he says he's not sure it will be fixed in 2.0 - it most definitely will be fixed.

Advertisement: