News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Issue: Usergroups to Forums

Started by ariescapes, February 19, 2014, 04:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ariescapes

As with all usergroups, we need to be able to add usergroups to forums, but once they are submitted the new permissions do not stick.

We can' not seem to edit a usergroup, from the usergroup view, to a forum and must go to a specific forum to give them access. What is more, from the forum view, the last 3-4 usergroups that we need added to a forum, are not added even after repeated submissions. 

It is almost as if there is a limited amount of usergroups allowed to a forum and when it exceeds it just removed the extra's from the list. How can I correct this, or go looking for an answer. I'm not getting an errors, it simply just is not working the way it's designed to.

(for the record, everything is current to the latest version.)

margarett

I'm not sure if I understand some parts of what you are saying, I'm sorry...

Can you take some printscreens of what you're trying to do and note the (expected and real) results there?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ariescapes

http://witchstorm.net/!graphics/ariana/screenprint.png

What is on the top is what I have, what is on the bottom is what i need to have. Every time I go into a forum to see what usergroups have access, i find myself with the top view instead of the bottom. If I edit from the usergroup standpoint, then everything become unchecked and the people in that usergroup see nothing.

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

as a side note... "latest" is not and never will be an actual version.

and, I think the OP means "boards" not "forums"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ariescapes

Sorry, I use various forum types. So. yeah. Different terms. Usergroup/Membergroup.

2.0.7 is what I have installed. (Woah) 91 usergroups.

margarett

That's your issue...

In the table "smf_boards" you will see that there is a column named "member_groups". This where all allowed group IDs are stored, comma-separated. This is a VARCHAR(255) column
So, if you have 91 groups, 91*3 (average 2 IDs per group + comma) you exceeded the max. size of the field...

Are you comfortable with phpmyadmin? If so, change it to VARCHAR(500) or whatever, it should work (although I'm not sure if it isn't trimmed throughout the code).
Do backup, please ;)

ariescapes

Good thing i just did one. :)

I'll go try that.

ariescapes

So, I am looking through the DB, and i'm familiar enough to find things but I'm unsure. Seeing as most VARCHAR is (30)? Which makes editing it feel .. off.

margarett

An image is worth a thousand words :P

ariescapes

You are my most favorite person in the world. That solved it, thank you!!

Advertisement: