News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't change my(admin) password

Started by lepidas, March 20, 2014, 11:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepidas

I go goto Profile>Account Settings>
I choose password, then verify password, then I type the current password and when I click Save button it returns
There must be at least one administrator on a forum!

One more thing, I see that there is no Admin membergroup in my forum, perhaps I deleted ior never existed by default.
And of course I can login to backend administration center and I can make changes

Illori

make sure you are set under notifications to receive emails "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:"

margarett

You should have a membergroup with ID = 1, even if that is named something else than "Administrator".
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on March 20, 2014, 11:37:53 AM
You should have a membergroup with ID = 1, even if that is named something else than "Administrator".

it is a bug in 2.0 [left over from 1.1] and fixed in 2.1. has nothing to do with the admin group directly.

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lepidas

Quote from: Illori on March 20, 2014, 11:22:17 AM
make sure you are set under notifications to receive emails "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:"
what this has to do with changing admin password?

forgot to mention that my smf is 2.0.7

Illori

it has to do with the error you are seeing.

lepidas

Quote from: Illori on March 20, 2014, 11:22:17 AM
it is already setted to :
Instantly and Only replies.

Illori

check the lower of the 2 drop downs on that page.

lepidas

Illori

strange, can you try changing that bottom box to one of the first 2 options? i think that setting makes it so you dont get some moderation actions emailed and that may be tripping this up.

lepidas

Quote from: Illori on March 20, 2014, 06:48:07 PM
strange, can you try changing that bottom box to one of the first 2 options? i think that setting makes it so you dont get some moderation actions emailed and that may be tripping this up.
did it but did not work. I think it's all about not having ADMIN membergroup.
I installed SMF 2.0.7 on localhost and show that has Administtrator membergroup.

The question now is how can I create an Administrator membergroup?

margarett

Can you check this?

lepidas

Quote from: margarett on March 20, 2014, 08:06:15 PM
Can you check this?
there is no membergroup ID=1, Iam sure that I deleted it sometime in the past. But as we can see that confilcts with passwd change.
*all other members can change their password

Illori

from the admin panel there is no way to delete the administrator group... how did you manage to delete it?

lepidas

I fixed it, here is how.

I created a new membergroup called "Administrator" which was the ID=26
then opened phpmyadmin and went to membergroup and changed id_group from 26 to 1
then changed the stars to 5#staradmin.gif and color to #FF0000
Go the changes and finaly could change my password.

Thanx to all especially to margarett

Quote from: Illori on March 21, 2014, 05:32:57 AM
from the admin panel there is no way to delete the administrator group... how did you manage to delete it?
I can't remember....

margarett

@lepidas, you can create a normal membergroup in your forum ACP and then go to phpmyadmin, table smf_membergroups and change his id_group to "1".
Then make yourself part of this group and try again.

Of course, you should take a full database backup before you start any of this ;)

edit: ninja'd. Now what about that for synchronization? :P

lepidas

well I don't know, everything seems to work ok. but in case not, I have full back up. I will inform this thread if anything goes wrong

Kindred

The main question that still hasn't been answered is -- how did you delete the admin group in the first place?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lepidas

Quote from: Kindred on March 21, 2014, 10:19:24 PM
The main question that still hasn't been answered is -- how did you delete the admin group in the first place?
I can't remember. But Iam sure not through phpmyadmin.
Maybe when the SMF was 2.0 there was an option to delete Administrator membergroup.

Advertisement: