News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

need emergency support

Started by dhaya.b, May 06, 2014, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhaya.b

my forum

http://www.friendstamilchat.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]

recently i moved all the data's to another one all done!! but forum inside there is no posts y so that can someone guide what i want to do @ phpmyadmin is  there any wrong my database large one so i splited using tool and upload every files correctly and order wise using settings tool i set all the paths correctly but inside of category there is no post , can someone help me please !!

Kindred

1- "need emergency support" is not a good title.   It is not descriptive of your issue and will probably be skipped by many who might otherwise help
2- You split your database?  How?   That is a remarkably bad idea... and is probably your main issue.
3- You realize that the FILES and the DATABASE are two completely separate things?

4- did you import your old database into the new location?

5- After the move, you uploaded and ran repair_settings.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dhaya.b

sorry for the interruption if any i did i moved all the old data into new location my database is large one i can't upload into the new location as a single file , that's why split that is there any idea to upload as a single file to new location my host provider is go daddy..

Steve

Quote from: dhaya.b on May 06, 2014, 10:14:15 AMmy host provider is go daddy

I'd bet the house someone would tell you that's half the problem. I know this isn't helpful but I've heard nothing but bad things about GoDaddy on here. :(
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

splitting the database backup is a BAD choice....   and there are probably many ways to deal with a large backup...   for one, upload it to the website and do an import instead of an upload.

and godaddy is notorious for being bad with databases...

and finally... you did not answer my other questions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy has a database backup utility in their control panel that works well.  Assuming you're changing hosts, do you still have access to the old account?  Can you get a full backup as .sql?  Did you clear your error log before dumping the db?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Dimas12345, he already said that he could not do the import form phpmyadmin because it was too large a backup file...
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

Do you still have access to your original database dump? The one in a single file? Or maybe to the database on the server, which you can use to create a full dump?
If so --> http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/
With this, you upload your dump to a folder via FTP and then it allows you to import the dump in a pretty way :)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

dhaya.b

hi friends thanks for the replies , kindred sorry for the late reply , i fully upset because my site that's y i will not available, because all my forum users are waiting and keep on mailing me( i dont know what to do, since forum was 3 years old)  , i did moved all file to new server and now i am trying to move all database files to new server , i can't access the old ftp files , but still i can enter into the old database server ( this may be not knowing old host provider) by using now i trying to downloading each table files like attachments, backup_admin_info files like that i am downloading now .

Kindred

what are you talking about database files?

You should be downloading a SINGLE file that contains ALL of the tables and contents of your database.
It should be a .SQL file (or might be a >tar, if it is compressed)
Слaва
Украинi

dhaya.b

kindred
             i migrated database to new server ,now  i got new errors when i try view my forum it says login to view forum , if i try to login the error says like this  You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings :(

Kindred

well, that is further along than before.

Now that you have moved, did you upload and run repair_settings.php?

delete your browser cache and cookies.

In Settings.php, chaneg the name of the SMFcookie setting (just change the number)

Слaва
Украинi

dhaya.b

haii  all
              thank you for your support hi kindred thank you for your kind and instant replies and guidance after all my forum is back
hi margrett
Quote from: margarett on May 07, 2014, 06:23:42 PM
Do you still have access to your original database dump? The one in a single file? Or maybe to the database on the server, which you can use to create a full dump?
If so --> http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ [nofollow]
With this, you upload your dump to a folder via FTP and then it allows you to import the dump in a pretty way :)
this was helping me lot thanks man !! i never ever forget this help !! this only helping back my forum !! once again thank u to all my lovable member's :) :) i am very happy lot :) :)

Advertisement: