Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrek

In ./Sources/ManageMembergroups.php function AddMembergroup is missing global $forumid
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

dougiefresh

Quote from: phantomm on December 02, 2015, 02:49:20 PM
In ./Sources/ManageMembergroups.php function AddMembergroup is missing global $forumid
Thanks for the bug report!  It's fixed for the next version.  Before I can release it, I need to fix the SMF 2.1 stuff first.....

Adrek

few more:
ManagePermissions.template.php: function template_by_board missing global $subforum_tree
ManagePermissions.php: function PermissionByBoard missing global $forumid

dougiefresh

:o  Damn, I missed those, too?!  It's been fixed for the next version....  Thanks again for the bug reports!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.28 - December 2nd, 2015
o SMF 2.1: Modified Add Membergroup in order to group boards by subforum, then category.
o SMF 2.1: Modified Edit Membergroup in order to group boards by subforum, then category.
o SMF 2.1: Modified Board Permissions UI in order to group boards by subforum, then category.
o Fixed undefined variable errors in the Add & Edit Membergroup UIs, and Manage Permissions UI.
o Added code to restrict the display of users online in Who's Online to those in subforum.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.29 - December 30th, 2015
o Added support for EZ Portal so that the blocks are subforum-restricted.
o Added support for EZ Portal UI so that blocks can be seperated by subforum.
o Fixed a template file error that causes the Manage Boards UI to crash.
o Fixed 4 issues within Recent.php that display wrong error message.

eagled2

Are there plans to add support for portamx and/or dream portal or do I need to ask the makers of those mods?

Geor'G

It will support PortalMX?

dougiefresh

Quote from: eagled2 on December 31, 2015, 02:09:41 AM
Are there plans to add support for portamx and/or dream portal or do I need to ask the makers of those mods?
I'll be honest with you: I wasn't planning on doing so, but if you are requesting me to do so, then I can.  The makers of those mods aren't likely to add support for this mod because this mod make database changes that aren't easily detected without more database queries, and will definitely cause errors if they are not checked for.

Kindred

Also, portaMX has their own version of this sort of mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  Dream Portal will not be supported by this mod, mostly because of the Dream Portal website that's been shut down.  After all, I can't make modifications to the source and template if I can't see for myself what the outcome is.  The mod comes with only one module, which is a PHP/HTML module, and it doesn't list the boards, so it becomes difficult to see what my changes produce.....  Until this situation changes in some way, I cannot support Dream Portal.

dougiefresh

UPDATE: Okay, let me just say that I'm looking into Dream Portal support....  Possibilities exist where I didn't see them yesterday....

PortalMX looks like it might be easy easier to adapt for compatibility with this mod.

I've briefly looked at TinyPortal.  The blocks use the SSI functions, so they should be good to go.  However, I haven't looked too much at the UI....

dougiefresh

UPDATE: My modifications to EzPortal were incomplete....  I am working to fix the issues for the next version.  I apologize to anybody who has run into these errors that I introduced.  Hopefully they will be fixed shortly....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.30 - January 19th, 2016
o Added donate button to Subforum management page.
o Added several settings to subforum UI in order to control EzPortal per subforum.
o Added template changes for EzPortal running under SMF 2.1.
o Fixed issue with undefined array element error in ManageNews.php.
o Fixed issue where theme may not have been able to be changed in subforums.
o Fixed several issues with new EzPortal changes made in version 1.29.
o Moved some subforum init code from source files to Subs-SplitForum.php.
o Made numerous small fixes for better installation compatibility with other mods.

Adrek

Thanks for update :)

Missing global $forumid in function Who() (file Who.php).

dougiefresh

Quote from: phantomm on January 20, 2016, 04:26:19 PM
Missing global $forumid in function Who() (file Who.php).
Thanks for the report!  I've fixed it for the next version.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.31 - January 22nd, 2016
o Fixed undefined variable error in Sources/Who.php.

Falcomfr

Hey Dougiefresh,

I have a few questions about this mod. I did not update the mod how long, how to proceed to update it properly ? ( My version is 1.19)

I modified the sub file ( www / sources / sub.php ) to have multiple forums in 1 menu. You can see here : www.astrea-gaming.com . If I put a day the version that he could be a problem ?

Is it possible to have the latest post / message to all forums ?

Thank you very much for this mod.
Falcom

dougiefresh

Quote from: Falcomfr on March 02, 2016, 10:21:07 AM
I have a few questions about this mod. I did not update the mod how long, how to proceed to update it properly ? ( My version is 1.19)
You should first the forum into maintenance mode, in order to minimize your guests' confusion.  Then uninstall your current version and install the most recent.  Then take your forum out of maintenance mode...

I modified the sub file ( www / sources / sub.php ) to have multiple forums in 1 menu. You can see here : www.astrea-gaming.com . If I put a day the version that he could be a problem ?
I wouldn't think that it would produce any issues.  However, a similar bit of functionality is provided by the mod, and it's called Sister Sites.  You definitely should disable that before you go back out of maintenance mode....

Is it possible to have the latest post / message to all forums ?
You can using ?action=unreadglobal, but only for unread messages.  Do you need more?

Falcomfr

Advertisement: