SMF 2.0.7 large upgrade package

Started by krittin98, June 07, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krittin98

I have decided to reinstall my SMF 2.0.7 forum. But, when I checked out the following link, I could not find a large upgrade package for SMF 2.0.7. Please help.
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?archive

The Team K Developers
www.theteamk.co.nr

Arantor

Well, it's the current one, so it won't be in the archived area, which is where you are.

Try looking on http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php instead.

Ninja ZX-10RR

As a sidenote: there will be the 2.1 after the 2.0.7 but it's delaying very much. It's been a lot of time since the 2.1 project started but still no public stable release lol. As regards the update yes 2.0.7 is the current so you cannot update any further until 2.1 comes out ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

You *can* update to 2.1 if you're brave enough but I really wouldn't recommend it for the obvious reason that things are broken ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Indeed that's why I didn't say that but I knew it :P I checked some stuff on GitHub and the whole bunch of files with the relative comments, I remember one of them that made me laugh so much stating something like "Anyone fix the conflict? Please?" as if the author was begging for it  :laugh:
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

To be fair, Git IS pretty terrible to work with when dealing with conflicts.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I can't say I know that but I was talking about a conflict inside the .php file itself. Can't really remember exactly it just made me laugh pretty much (no offence for the author of course huh it was just funny). There is so much stuff to learn I would really like to be omniscient-like but hell I can't. I do have to work on my project itself but maybe in some (many xD) years I will know at least the half of what you know, I would be happy for that already. That's why I am constantly following and asking if I have doubts, also because if one day I ever had troubles I would be able *hopefully* to solve it on my own, and also because I always liked to help :)
Going back OnTopic well I don't want to ask a lot more about Git because a quick Google research already showed me that there would be a *lot* to read even if somehow I got the mechanism (talking about it more would lead OffTopic anyway so.. It's just about me having to read stuff) :) step by step I will learn some things I believe. Since I registered here my SMF knowledge raised really a lot and I'm already happy for it but yeah you're my example so yup I'll follow you, you always know better so learning from the best guy it's a good thing I believe :P and omg you are almost at 60k messages @_@ can you gift some of them? XD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Asking questions is good provided someone can give you the right answers. For reference, I've been doing PHP for 11 years now, running an SMF forum for 8... patience and determination and you will get there.

Interestingly it's surprising what you can do if you don't have Google; when I first learned PHP, I didn't have the benefit of internet at home, only at weekends - long before StackOverflow was even a thing. Just reading the manual, grabbing as much code as I could and studying it to figure out what things did. It can be done, just needs patience and determination :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Tiny little almost insignificant detail... I HATE coding xD I'm not a coder and it all started with a bad, old, ugly and annoying math teacher at school. Now I'm learning some php basics and stuff but actually I am a 3D editor :) it's almost 2 years I have started reading manuals on it and now I am much more skilled than before about it. But don't ask me to create an .exe file or similars xD that's my colleague's job ;) he knows some stuff and he has been the guy explaining me that StackOverflow thingy as well. I found that in a game that was crashing for that reason and I was like dude now you explain me what the heck is this u.u and he explained me even if I understood like half of what he said at that time, now I have a slightly better idea :)
Anyway (and yeah this is just to show off that even if I am a total noob coder I can still do something xD) --> http://oi59.tinypic.com/s0x4cl.jpg / http://oi59.tinypic.com/md02aa.jpg / http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ry6dkl.jpg
So you will probably understand that my SMF forum will be about a brand new game that I am creating, just so you know I am not a total noob :P well at codiing yes but I wouldn't say that at 3D editing, at least I have been told I am pretty good by everyone I showed some images like those  O:)

P.s. Sorry I think I went a bit OffTopic but it was just to explain myself better >.<

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: