News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Track User Logins

Started by margarett, July 22, 2014, 12:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

I have this mod installed for over a year, but I never shown interest to check other fields other than User IP.

Today I did notice something strange.
User name » Track User » Profile Edits

Please see the attachment and blue arrow.   
Original User name this is not " Deleted User ".

I am now assuming that possibly this mod was never correctly programed so to record at this field a specific user name.

Shambles

Is "Job title" a profile field that is completed during member registration?

If so, it's possible the information supplied is initially being recorded against a member ID that changes when the new member record is created.

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Shambles on May 03, 2018, 01:01:19 PM
Is "Job title" a profile field that is completed during member registration?

Yes it is obligatory profile field at every new registration, my forum this serves specialized professionals.

Quote from: Shambles on May 03, 2018, 01:01:19 PM
If so, it's possible the information supplied is initially being recorded against a member ID that changes when the new member record is created.

If I am translating correctly your though,  you are saying that if this field was filled after a new member registration, the description of member ID this it would be know at the SMF engine.

Well in my case, any New Member registration this pass from  Administrator approval. 
All inserted new member information's among their "Job title" they must be reviewed and approved, prior they become Full members.

Shambles

I agree that the ID of the new member should be known, but there's something wrong at the registration page that initially allocates an ID that is not what the member eventually ends up with.

Every member on my forum has the very same issue - I just learned to live with it over the past 8 years ;)

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Shambles on May 03, 2018, 01:50:58 PM

Every member on my forum has the very same issue - I just learned to live with it over the past 8 years ;)

In my case I just reported the problem, your confirmation helps in the regard of higher number of collected evidences  :)
If the person which wrote this mod can make it perfect, this would be good news.

Shambles

QuoteIf the person which wrote this mod can make it perfect...

Bruno (margarett) hasn't been on here for a long time, so don't hold your breath.

Kiriakos GR

I am not holding my breath.
I have the awareness that I resurrected a topic silent since 2014.

Shambles

Quote from: Kiriakos
I have the awareness that I resurrected a topic silent since 2014.

It's a modification support topic - it has no "use by date" and can be resurrected whenever required ;)

Advertisement: