News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

URLs opening in same window

Started by allkary, August 22, 2014, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allkary

Do you think it can be the seo mod? It is a premium I paid for  :'(

Arantor

It looks like it might be related to the SEO mod looking at it.

If you've paid for it, I'd ask the author about it.

Kindred

What seo mod did you use?

And Arantor...   Oops... I had it reversed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

allkary

It's the SMF Seo Premium Pack http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3082

Thanks for your support, I'll go asking the author.   :)

Arantor

allkary

Mh, you don't seem to be encouraging  :D
Anyway, I have problems with the pretty urls function too of that mod...

Arantor

That's because I've seen people have trouble getting support out of the author :(

allkary

Well, I was expecting a premium mod to work the way it should on a brand new installation (it costs 50$!) and this is not really comforting  >:(

Arantor

Honestly, the best thing right now is to try and take it up with the author and see where that gets you. You might be lucky, but I'd suggest not to get your hopes up.

allkary

I'll try to get a paypal refund if he doesn't solve my problem.
Thanks a lot for your support!  ;)

Arantor

I'd like to think you'll get satisfaction but I've seen a few nasty cases in the past :(

Go for it :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

*Ninja quotes Interrobang VERY much and had a very bad argue with the mod author as well*
but anyway kindly bug him until he fixes it or either you get a refund (very much unlikely) ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

allkary

Ok I turned off the SEO mod and all links just open the way they should. I've addeed a nofollow mod and everything seems to be fine.
Except sometimes when opening threads I get a 404 error which disappear when pressing ctrl+F5. Is it a caching issue or something?

Kindred

just out of curiosity, which nofollow mod did you add?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

allkary

I's from the same Seo pack's author, NoFollow All Links v1.2.1

Kindred

right....   so, if you nofollow ALL links, then you are actually going to HURT your SEO.
Слaва
Украинi

allkary

I did not find any updated plugin that allow me to nofollow just external links, so I had to use this one atm. If you can suggest me a better nofollow plugin, I'll be glad to try it  :)

Arantor

We're recommending not using nofollow...

allkary

That's not a good choice for me as I don't want to pass page rank to poor websites. I understand your need of getting backlinks, and if that's the reason I can provide one from my main site, no problem. But I don't want to follow all links my users could add to their posts.

Arantor

No, it's nothing to do with us getting backlinks at all.

If you don't trust external links, you yourself receive a penalty in so doing. Both inbound and outbound links are relevant for ranking purposes and you not linking to other sources actually has a habit of penalising you for being untrustworthy yourself and has been the case for some time now.

Advertisement: