2 Permission Questions - "Regular Members" (I don't see it), and "ID" of group?

Started by rickbaa, September 12, 2014, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickbaa

Two questions on Permissions:

1) For permissions, you can set to inherit permissions from Regular Members, but in my membergroups I don't have a group listed for Regular Members, so how do I know (or modify) what permissions any other groups are inheritiing? This is confusing (to me).

2) I installed the default membergroup mod and it asks in the registration settings the 'ID of the membergroup' - does ID mean the name? as otherwise I see no ID.

Thanks,
rick

Arantor

1) You can't configure Regular Members beyond permissions. Regular Members is the group that people go into when they don't have any other primary group (since every user must have a primary group, it's just the default one)

The permissions page should tell you which groups are inheriting from Regular Members however.

2) The id is the id of the group; the membergroups page will have this number in the URL. If you go to the member groups area and look at the Modify link, it's index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups;sa=edit;group=1 - 1 is the id of the group being modified (in this case, admins)

Advertisement: