Missing avatars and attachments

Started by mantu2, September 21, 2014, 06:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantu2

Did make both repair jobs. 500'ish attachment files had wrong size in the database attachment table, thats about it. So nothing critical was found.

kat

I'm still thinking this:

Quote from: K@ on September 25, 2014, 07:22:17 AMPaths... If the database, on your test site, is an exact copy of the one on your live site, would there not be paths, there, that point to your live site, rather than your test one? Would that affect attachments? Something tells me that it might well.

But, I still can't think quite how/where/why... :(

mantu2

The test site can be ignored. And test site has own paths and database. I started to work with the main site. No progress after last messages :-/ Just don't know what to do.

Chalky

Don't forget you should be able to open the attachment files on your own computer as images to see if they're damaged. That will at least give a clue as to whether your images are actually corrupted or whether the issue is with your forum.

mantu2

I downloaded the files again from my old server to my computer with different program than last time (this time I used gFTP) and noted that I can see some attachments with no problems on my computer (just clicking the downloaded files). Those which don't work says: "PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion" or "Quantization table 0x00 was not defined". I wonder how that is possible since I used binary mode while transfer. Corrupted, corrupted :-(

kat

I'm tempted to ask you to PM me your FTP details, so that I can download a few, myself.

If that sounds like a Good PlanTM, go for it. :)

kat

OK... I've been having a little delve. If anyone else is watching this topic, they may have some ideas.

From what I can figure out, most of the jpg files are fine. But, all of the PNG files are bolloxed (Decode error).

I'm gonna see if I can find a way to repair PNG files....

Sir Osis of Liver

K@, attach one of the damaged files, I'll have a go.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

kat

A few of the jpg files are screwed and it seems that, for some reason, that ALL png files are.

Random examples of both are attached. Irfanview and other viewers just give "Decode error" messages.

nnamdiosu

im having the same problem with the backed up imagea and attachments not working. anyway i just fpund this link out. please check it. it should help. i want to try it now but decided to show it here (lazy me might not come back to share) http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374178.0
nb: the capta down here is so ting and distorted. please change it.

nnamdiosu

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
hurray it work. please admin sticky my post. for t ;Dose who may have similar issues. found out that it had to do with the extension backing up the files. it ;Ds a long story sha. but just follow the previous link i posted. if you get lost just go to my forum www.kizzlearena.com [nofollow] and post in the computers section. ill help u through. thank you smf. i love you

Kindred

why sticky your post?   The answer in the thread that you linked to is ALREADY a sticky thread.

And-- in your case -- it probably had to do with filezilla and the transfer type...   as we have mentioned several hundred times now.

However, the original poster was having a DIFFERENT issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: